Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone happen to have any pictures?

Im installing the rearsets right now on my 07 zx10r and im trying to figure out how the pressure switch is installed so i can keep the function of my rear brake light from my rear brake lever? I have the rear brake pressure switch here in front of me but just dont see how to hook it up?

Let me know guys. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Not sure what is supplied with your kit. I know Sato uses a brake line switch from Spiegler. You can see it here http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/BrakeAcc.cfm

It replaces the stock banjo bolt and plugs into the brake light line. Direct mount up. Works off the pressure in the line not a pull switch on the stocker.

Not sure if that helps but it could be a work around if you dont find a solution.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I left mine off , its useful when you go past a PoPo and have to hit the anchors, no light can sometimes be advantageous.

·
Banned
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah man, never thought of that....

I will prob install it but from what booken told me, i have to bleed the brakes and all that mess and i dont have to stuff to do it right now so ill do it later. Ill just remember to grab the front brake if im stopping with traffic behind me.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah man, never thought of that....

I will prob install it but from what booken told me, i have to bleed the brakes and all that mess and i dont have to stuff to do it right now so ill do it later. Ill just remember to grab the front brake if im stopping with traffic behind me.
Other than the above posted reason (and the occasional track day), I don't really see a lot of other reasons to even use the rear brake at all. 99% of the time I'm using the front.

·
Banned
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Other than the above posted reason (and the occasional track day), I don't really see a lot of other reasons to even use the rear brake at all. 99% of the time I'm using the front.
Yeah, i use the front most of the time too but i wouldnt mind having it hooked up. Oh well, no rush to put it in, ill just hold onto it until i decide to install it later down the road. Who knows, might not ever put it in.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
ok have done this allot.

1st you have the 125 thread pitch corret?

2nd remove banjo bolt from top of master cyclender.

3rd clean up that mess, It eats paint! pump rear brake and clean up that mess quickly!

4th screw in the pressure switch threw the brake line coupling.
make sure you use the 2 new crush washers that came with it. {there sitting on the wires}

5th fill fluid cup with motol dot 5!!!!

6th bleed air out of lines!

7 ride!

Randy

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am currently installing vortex race rearsets on my 07 zx10r there should be a pin that goes in the rear back bottom or a metric bolt with a locking nylon nut to secure to your vortex rearsets bottom back left hole. i am sure by now you traced the pig tails under your gas tank by now. will send pixs when done very very simple bolt on part.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Anyone know thread pitch of rear mc banjo bolt on gen 3...Here in novascotia canada we need a rear brake light for inspections so im looking for a pressure switch..

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just zip tie the switch to the bracket with the threaded hole in it and run the stock spring to the lever. Works great. I plan on making a bracket eventually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts