Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
VERY nice looking man!! Like the "kwikasfaki" decal too!!! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
That's the only bike I've seen that actually looks very good with the rear tire hugger. Specs? Any idea what it runs/plan to run? Looks great.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
That's the only bike I've seen that actually looks very good with the rear tire hugger. Specs? Any idea what it runs/plan to run? Looks great.
:+1:where did you get that hugger?.......looks awesome nice job. :thumbsup:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Awesome bike man. Did McIntosh supply the hugger with the arm? Bike looks Damn good.
You spraying?

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
OP, I hate to do this to ya but,

I'm gonna have to copy your "kwikasfaki".

I love that shit man.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Looks sick! Nice bike!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zx10racer bike details

Rear hugger is from a guy named John Miffco - found him on Psychobike.com. I had to cut a slot in it for the brake bracket on the Mac arm but other than that no mods. I cut 1/8" x 3/4" aluminum strips and painted them black to attach the hugger to the arm, so the clamp load was not just at the bolt locations.

The bike should run at least 8.80s all-motor. I ran consistent 9.20s last summer with 6" extensions, stock motor and pipe, Akra slip-on, stock ECU, 87 octane pump gas, and lowered & geared -1 +5. This year GUHL ECU, -1 +7, 12" over arm, Busa shock, flat link, lowered another 3", DME pan, headwork, race intake cam, Carrillo rods, JE pistons 14.3:1 CR, sidewinder. 93 octane pump gas - no spray (YET :wink:). I am having a friend take her out for her maiden voyage next Friday evening, as I tore my left shoulder rotator cuff 5 days ago and now can't race. Sucks...

Will let everyone know how she runs. Thanks to all for your kind words!
Jim

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
That thing is fine!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Break-in runs tonite

A good friend rode the bike for me for the maiden runs this evening. 75A good friend rode the bike for me for the maiden runs this evening. 75 degrees, 2190' DA, VERY humid, falling barometer w/storms approaching. He is ~25# heavier than me at 205# suited. His regular ride is a ZX-14 that runs 8.90 - 9.00s at 150

He got in 4 runs before they shut down the track due to lightning:

1) 9.956 @ 144.4 - left very soft, 1.81 60', shifting at 10K
2) 9.750 @ 145.1 - bogged off the line, 1.708 60', shifted by ear
3) 9.761 @ 146.88 - bogged again, 1.757 60', ran out 1st gear to 12,700 rpm, shifted at ~12K
4) 9.38 @ 147 - launched a bit better, 1.522 60', still fell flat toward the end of 1st gear, Shifting at 12,700rpm.

This from a rider who is used to launching at 4500 on a big bike; he wasn't used to 8000 rpm launches and walking out the clutch! A few more runs and I am sure he would have been running 9-teens. In better air and with shift limits raised to 13,500 he could have run 8.90s to 9.0s. All-motor, NO BOTTLE, and on a bike with ZERO miles on a new, tight motor!

I am very happy with this performance. Can't wait until I put 5W synthetic in it and raise the shift points next time out :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts