Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Interesting...you don't see red ZX10's that often.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting...you don't see red ZX10's that often.
Red is my favorite color regardless of bike (and car) brand. I have lots of red paint.

I originally painted it Massey Ferguson red with tractor paint. It's cheap and easy to find. Unfortunately, I believe because it was too cold, the clear coat lifted the base coat. I wound up with some Urethane from Summit Racing. I can't tell you what a pain it was to strip off the tractor paint.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good luck! Have fun and enjoy using your red demon as a weapon! You will be hooked! Post up here how it went.

Also, what body is that? I like that tail!
Body is from Moto Andes. Bought off Ebay. It is the least expensive bodywork available.

Its decent but the fit is only decent, not great. I've never used anything but this brand (3 sets on my old CBR) so I can't say how it compairs to other brands.

Getting the tail on is a little challenging but there is a ton of room under there when installed.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Body is from Moto Andes. Bought off Ebay. It is the least expensive bodywork available.

Its decent but the fit is only decent, not great. I've never used anything but this brand (3 sets on my old CBR) so I can't say how it compairs to other brands.

Getting the tail on is a little challenging but there is a ton of room under there when installed.

proper test of race body work isn't how it fits but how it crashes:wink2:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hey at least it didn't go full Fireball, like the last CBR 1000 I last tried to race. (It was a buddies borrowed bike.....)
BOOM

Simple low-side due to a worn out OEM shock, led to a full on campfire vigil.

Ouch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
snatched victory away at the line! looks like a fun track
My buddy was just back there hanging out. It was the last race of the day and the track was getting sketchy from water weeping up through the race surface. He was just hanging out recording me and wanted to be sure I knew he could beat me. :smile2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts