Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read this...I agree!!

"Like a lot of folks in this state I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them??

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ass. Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?????

Something has to change in this country and soon!!!!! "

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
:+2:

I've wondered many times what would happen to the "elected representatives" and their remora's if we had a tax revolt? Wonder if they would listen to us, or continue to ignore us after the money dried up? Wonder what the people who suck at the teat of government would have to do to survive?

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
...Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check????? ....
Problem is, the governmental agencies don't look at money the same way us common folk do. To them money must be spent and the budget exceeded every year so they can justify asking (demanding?) more in the next FY budget. If they suddenly stopped distribution of free money to a large percentage of their "clients" and ran a surplus...then in a few years that agency would be closed, and tens of thousands of people would suddenly be unemployed. The government unions would never stand for it.
Forget about the people getting welfare checks, they aren't the real problem. It's the bureaucracy that has been built up over decades that is the real problem. It's a solution in search of a problem. Go back to the turn of the last century. The poor had no choice. They had to work, find help in the form of handouts from organizations, churches, etc. FF>> to Roosevelt who started the government subsistence (WPA-at least there was labor involved) during the recovery from the depression. FF>> again to LBJ, whose vision of a "great society" put billions and billions of dollars into the hands of government distribution agencies, who in turn have put hundreds of dollars into the hands of the "clients". Take the money away from the government, the people would have to find a way to make their way in life. Beg, borrow, steal, but they would find a way. Well most would. Some would just whine and die crying.

·
Registered
458 Posts
my job required me to give a hair sample for a drug test when I first got hired... but haven't had one since w00t :weed:

that is a good idea about the welfare drug test though

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Wow finally a political thread I can agree with LOL. We need a "Nobody rides for free," motto in this country! There is something that everyone can do. Pick up trash, plant trees, etc etc! Welfare is total B.S.

·
Registered
94 Posts
think about how it would be if every payday we had to all visit the local office and pay all those taxes in cash.
each
and
every
payday
talk about a revolution. if we had it in our hand for only 5 minutes and then had to go turn it over so they could blow it on who knows what. we would all have a stroke and die right on the spot.
when the congress and senate loose the pay and health care they have, and get on the same plan the rest of us working stiffs are on, they we might see some changes.
bet none of us are going to live that long
the bastards. now I am in a foul mood. :bs:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Wow finally a political thread I can agree with LOL. We need a "Nobody rides for free," motto in this country! There is something that everyone can do. Pick up trash, plant trees, etc etc! Welfare is total B.S.
Better watch out bonz....no telling how you'll end up thinking. :crackup: :wink:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Illegal aliens can get a job why cant they. And the people I see that need help from the government have like 5 kids (lazy hoes) needs to get their tubes tied. I say give them a time limit like 1 year on welfare. and if they have more than 2 kids the government should tell them, YOU GOT TIME TO FUCK YOU GOT TIME TO LOOK FOR A JOB. If you get offended by my comment that means your on welfare too and how come you own a motorcycle and Im paying for that bike.LOL

·
Registered
272 Posts
Illegal aliens can get a job why cant they. And the people I see that need help from the government have like 5 kids (lazy hoes) needs to get their tubes tied. I say give them a time limit like 1 year on welfare. and if they have more than 2 kids the government should tell them, YOU GOT TIME TO FUCK YOU GOT TIME TO LOOK FOR A JOB. If you get offended by my comment that means your on welfare too and how come you own a motorcycle and Im paying for that bike.LOL

As with any system, you have your bad apples. Believe it or not, a lot of the people that are on werfare are using it to get on there feet. Secondly, believe it or not, the majority of people on welfare aren't "lazy hoes with 5 kids". Nevertheless, you do have those jokers that like to take advantage of the system, and have a poverty mentality. I completely agree that there should be a time limit. I would say 2 years, or better yet provide some type of vocational training or something, instead of enabling people to want to stay on welfare. For example, if they don't want to get training then they can't receive assistance. Just like the old saying "Instead of giving a man a fish, teach him how to fish". Something like that. :wink:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts