Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some relatively new Michelin Pilot Powers, can anyone skilled in the art of tire reading give me some feedback. I also just ajusted my suspension off of zx10racers thread about tuning suspension.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'm very skilled in the art of tire reading. Here are some observations based upon my inspection:

1. You seem to be a) comfortable/confident seeing as they are worn to the edges, or b) everyone is comfortable/confident enuf to wear a rear to the edge so that's not a big deal.

2. You seem to have lint/fuzz on the tire so either a) your driveway is fuzzy, or b) you washed and wiped tire off.

3) This is either a) the left side of the tire or, or b) your tire is mounted backwards.

4) I obviously am a) not skilled at the art of tire reading, or b) i did not even know there was such an art.

Props to you for fooling with the suspension though, 10rracer is pretty sharp about that stuff. What's most important is does the handling feel good and natural to you? If so, you're on the right track. Hope you get better observations than above. I'll keep check, i may learn something here.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
looks like normal tire wear (after some quick riding) with no real suspension issues...

·
Registered
101 Posts
looks like theyre good bro, hittin the corners hard, the arrow is gone so keep riding hard bro. no stripes... KEEP it that way lol

Live Fast, Ride Hard!

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I'm very skilled in the art of tire reading. Here are some observations based upon my inspection:

1. You seem to be a) comfortable/confident seeing as they are worn to the edges, or b) everyone is comfortable/confident enuf to wear a rear to the edge so that's not a big deal.

2. You seem to have lint/fuzz on the tire so either a) your driveway is fuzzy, or b) you washed and wiped tire off.

3) This is either a) the left side of the tire or, or b) your tire is mounted backwards.

4) I obviously am a) not skilled at the art of tire reading, or b) i did not even know there was such an art.

Props to you for fooling with the suspension though, 10rracer is pretty sharp about that stuff. What's most important is does the handling feel good and natural to you? If so, you're on the right track. Hope you get better observations than above. I'll keep check, i may learn something here.
:lol::lol:....smarta$$.....:heyyou:..that was a pretty good one man, got a good chuckle out of it.:eek:ccasion1

To the OP....things look great in the rear to me! ( that probably did NOT come out the way it was intended!!):mrgreen: keep on keepin on and as long as the ass end isn't trying to slide out or buck very bad when you're deep in the corner....i'd leave well enough alone BUT, what's the front look like?

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
HAHA @ Hayden's comments. I would say based on what I can see, you are steady on the throttle going into the corner and you gradually increase exiting the corner. :dontknow: :lol: Mildly agressive because the surface on the tire is a lil rough looking which very good for street tires. Suspension looks good! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HAHA @ Hayden's comments. I would say based on what I can see, you are steady on the throttle going into the corner and you gradually increase exiting the corner. :dontknow: :lol: Mildly agressive because the surface on the tire is a lil rough looking which very good for street tires. Suspension looks good! :thumbsup:
Ok now im just curious. What about the wear on the tire tells you that???

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I am not sure now. hit up dave moss or maybe it was sportbike on reading the tires. Penske has a good read up on tire/handling troubleshooting as well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
unless you did a nice burnout to get the stripes off, to me i would think this guy can ride. Not many corners around here so its kind of tough to get he last 1/4in off but thats on my 190, when i had a 180 the whole tire looked like that. id give you probs but who knows you might have pulled a quick one on us... what do you say randy?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok now im just curious. What about the wear on the tire tells you that???
The gummy-ness of the tire after the heat cycle you put it through & the lack of scalloping where the tread is cut/moulded.

+1 on the suspension setup.
+1 on what does the front tire look like?

·
Registered
341 Posts
They look very good to me too. Remember, reading street tires is kind of like looking at a composite picture. The heat cycle both the tires and the suspension go through, is generally quite a bit more varied than the track. What starts out perfect at the beginning of the canyon may feel (and look) quite different by the end. But I've always tried to look at the overall feel and response. It looks like you're pretty comfortable though. As posted above, how does the front look? :ayyy:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry bro no burnouts, just b/c you may pull some wask a$$ shit like that doesnt mean i would.................JK bro, but seriously, no burnouts. Im not into wasting rubber.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry bro no burnouts, just b/c you may pull some wask a$$ shit like that doesnt mean i would.................JK bro, but seriously, no burnouts. Im not into wasting rubber.

I was just throwing it out there, I've seen it b4 that's all. Smell what I'm stepping in? They look good though, wish my 190 looked like that, no good corners or tracks here in the good ol state of Michigan lol, still have that 1/4in laughing at me everytimeni etcon the bike lol. Good to know u don't waste perfect pp! Lol ride safe bro

Live Fast, Ride Hard!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Now you guys have me wanting to inspect mine. Prob is that I just got a fresh Pilot on the rear earlier today. Strips are about 3/4" wide right now.

I don't have any of that nice texture on mine yet though. They are totally smooth...

·
Registered
118 Posts
was this done at the track; are you running street pressures there? You look to be smooth on the throttle but if its a tall tire riding properly at the track will yield a 1/4 inch chicken strip, also suspension looks a lil soft at the front causing tire skip under braking(look at the treadcuts, front and rear), does the rear move when you brake? PM me a email address I got a great article for you to read.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts