Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spoken 2 the guys at Guhl Motorsports and im sending my ecu to them for a remap...I read somewhere that u need a pc3 for fuel?....do u need a pc3?....and if u do...can it be any pc3?...meaning from any bike,since it just ment for fuel purpose. Only

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Not sure about the guhl dudes but there is another that does the reflash and there is two levels..Basic gets you a flash but its a basic flash,im sure you will feel some improvements and the f/a is generic based on their knowlage of the bike,$450..If you find out the f/a is off either by dyno,smell performance your gonna need to use a pc3 for that specific bike to make it better but thats kinda defeating the point of the flash...
The full flash is 850 ($750 for flash and the extra $100 to send it to italy to flashand back)and extra again for you to ship to tx and back to you fr tx..The full flash is basically a race ecu and you get the cable and software to do as you please..No need for pc3 or pcv or bazazz/juice box ect..All you need is to explore on your own or get a good tuner to do what ever ya can with the fulkl flash..Good luck...
Im sure more folks will pipe in with more info for ya..Talk to garth,he just got his g4 reflashed,waiting on the results now..

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
anyone know if ill benefit from using a pc3 with a reflash?
You definately will IMO .... Your reflash will be good but not perfect so the pc3 will allow you to dial in your bike. The flash will do stuff like put back in the timing the factory took out, remove limiters , bump up your revs if you want...some people are happy with just a reflash , but if your looking to squeeze out every bit of power out of your bike a pc3 is required.

Yes power commanders are pretty much universal for the most part, but unless you feel like cutting wires and rigging it I would get the pc3 that is designed for your bike...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You definately will IMO .... Your reflash will be good but not perfect so the pc3 will allow you to dial in your bike. The flash will do stuff like put back in the timing the factory took out, remove limiters , bump up your revs if you want...some people are happy with just a reflash , but if your looking to squeeze out every bit of power out of your bike a pc3 is required.

Yes power commanders are pretty much universal for the most part, but unless you feel like cutting wires and rigging it I would get the pc3 that is designed for your bike...
i wonder if anyone is runnin the same setup.....

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I am....I'm running a kit ecu...pcv and secondary fuel module...I tune through all three ...ecu for base tuning and pcv and sfm for the fine tuning...

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
get a pc3 for your yr model bike and retune for the mods you have and you'll be fine. most dyno tunes go for 250-300 bucks at most shops but your bike will thank you after.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts