Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to try sending my ECU to Dynotronics in texas because I was becoming disenfranchised with my PCV and autoune. It arrived by fedex today and I must say despite the map being a SWAG map my bike runs SO much better than it ever has. The previous comments on here about the folly of doing this are 100% wrong. The bike is now absolutely vicious. I planned to put the PCV and auto tune in in addition to the flashed ecu to allow for perfection but after riding for a while both with and without the PCV and auto tune I honestly think I am going to pull it out permanently. I am very immersed. I am going to try to get it on the dyno very soon to see what the curve looks like and make my final determination about the PCV et al.
If you are considering the reflash by dynotronics I think it is absolutely worth while. This has impressed me as much as putting the Ducati Performance slipper on my 996.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Good to know, it seems this is the (reasonable) way to go with the 08.
Although you could dyno it with the pcv and reflash the adjustments in, then sell it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
super easy and it was 450 plus shipping

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
SOOOO..Did the ecu/laptop cable and tuneing software come with?? If not,then it aint no deal..

Post up contact info for that place in tx too will ya!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
1303 potthast dr
new braunfels TX.

phone #678 488 1011

Not trying to say this is the end all and be all but I am very impressed.

The thing that this apealing was the simplification of the bike. THe redline is bumped up, the secondaries are now 1:1 with the primaries, the timing retard is gone, the ignition maps are tuned and a fuel map flashed onto the ECU.

If you want full tunability and associated cables and software it requires a hardware swap in the ecu and takes about a week or two also costs a bit more (750) I chose the simple flash over the full race ecu mod because of my recent misery with getting fancy.
I am fairly certain that my PCV and autotune lead me to spending a shitload of money truouble shooting my wiring harness ecu sensors etc.
Originally I was going to do this and then run the PCV and auto tune to perfect the tune.
I have now stripped all power comnder equipment out of the bike reflashed the PCV and sold it.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Does anyone at guhl ans emails..????...Its alot easier to email then to call because of the hours I work...
I know that they are slammin now a days, they are putting the finishing touches on the flashing cable system that they are going to be releasing this year in time for AMA racing.

Calling is the best way to get in touch for sure. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Kirk I never had much luck emailing them. I got thru once on the phone, got a little info. Was supposed to get a call back and never did.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the flash!! Its amazing how simplistic it is compared to a Power comander, and how different the bike feels after the flash!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Not only does the bike feel terrific and Very responsive so is Joe!!
maybe time is money, my total turn around from hawaii was 5 days.
I can not express my pleasure with the service and communication as well as the product enough.
I am just amazed at how "corked" the bike is due to EPA requirements and fear by KAWI corperation (warented) of to aggressive of throttle response leading to litigation from sue happy americans.

The bike doesnt even sound the same much more agitated even in exhaust note. I look forward to my opportunity for a comparrison dyno run.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Not only does the bike feel terrific and Very responsive so is Joe!!
maybe time is money, my total turn around from hawaii was 5 days.
I can not express my pleasure with the service and communication as well as the product enough.
I am just amazed at how "corked" the bike is due to EPA requirements and fear by KAWI corperation (warented) of to aggressive of throttle response leading to litigation from sue happy americans.

The bike doesnt even sound the same much more afggressive even in exhaust note. I look forward to my opportunity for a comparrison dyno run.
Post it up when you can do it. Ive been meaning to get around to this as well but with my extended vacation and the nasty weather, it has been put on the back burner. Also I have the luxury of being 45 minutes from Joe, so I was thinking of having him join me and flashing it on the fly if need be, but as you said, the flash seems pretty damn spot on!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Post it up when you can do it. Ive been meaning to get around to this as well but with my extended vacation and the nasty weather, it has been put on the back burner. Also I have the luxury of being 45 minutes from Joe, so I was thinking of having him join me and flashing it on the fly if need be, but as you said, the flash seems pretty damn spot on!:mrgreen:
do you know what joe set the rev limiter to?

its definitely moved up!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
+1000 i think

1 - 20 of 292 Posts