Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i would ask about RC performance they now offer cam and headwork for the gen 5 zx10r. Was considering going with them. Has anyone done business with them far as headwork or engine work?

·
Registered
300 Posts
gen 5 head/cams are race spec stock. hp increases u see on older engines from porting/cams is not going to be there. best proven path for this type engine a 3mm piston kit. more power, more torque at all rpms from idle to rev limit for less $$$.

·
Registered
127 Posts
What is your goal with your bike? Why do you hell the need to do heads and can on an already stout bike.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
718 Posts
Tfhere is always more with the heads and cams. Power is power. I'd love to add more to mine. I need it for the type of street racing I do. If love to do motor work to mine when I have the money to do it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I guess if you Street race and your goal is to be on 1320 video. But a bolt on high 9sec is plenty fast lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
What is your goal with your bike? Why do you hell the need to do heads and can on an already stout bike.

This is the best question right here. What is your goal with the bike? A lot of the companies that offer porting and camshafts and designed for drag racing/high RPM power.

I just recently bought a head/cam package from Carpenter Racing for my Gen 3 and it couldn't have been an easier transaction. Sent them a spare head I bought off EBay and got it back within 4 weeks.

Best bet honestly would be to call around to a few shops and see what they can do for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts