Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10R Owners,

I just installed a Ti-Force full system on my 07 ZX6. The install went reasonably well, but I've now run into a problem. At certain rpms it has a distinct tinny rattle. When I installed the system I tried to make certain it wasn't contacting anywhere, although I think there is a spring contacting the swingarm cover piece (exhaust goes through the arm like the 10s). I isolated that spot though and it still seems to still be rattly. Is this something that will go away with time and some carbon build-up or is this something I need to address now? I did not use any anti-seize on the joints but never had any problem with my 10's titanium exhaust.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey nick did ya try retightening the joints after its been hot??
Yeah, I warmed it up some, let it sit, then retightened the nuts at the head. Everything else is a slip-joint so I think that's all I can do. The sound really sounds like a spring is rattling but I don't see how that could happen.

·
Registered
77 Posts
when its running and you hear the ratting just grab a glove and try to hold the baffle with your finger see if that is rattling

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to try to isolate it tomorrow... I am trying to at least be a little considerate to my neighbors and I draw the line at 10 o'clock haha. Even though I'm locked inside the garage idk how far the sound carries.

On a related note the Ti-Force has a pretty good bark on the 600.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts