Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im stuck in a little dilemma here..I guess I should start by telling how the bike is set up.......

2006 ZX10r (bad ass black of course!)
Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust
BMC Air Filter
Rapid Bike Module ( I guess thats what they call it)
-1 on the front sprocket

I bought the Rapid Bike from a friend of mine who was getting rid of everything. He told me it was mapped for a full akrapovic exhaust which I was planning to buy but dont have the money yet. Also, I dont know anyone who has the ability to do a map for it so I might be screwed. Dimsport says I can send it back to them and they can update it and provide a map they "recommend". Well, I have a 636 with a Powercommander with a custom map so I am not too keen on a "recommended map" But, I dont want to spend another 300.00 on a Power Commander.

My plan was to get the 1/5 throttle control (I have it on my 636 trackbike and LOVE it) and was tossing the idea of the GIPro also. I guess I just want to SQUEEZE as much out of this thing without going too crazy..How do I ride? Im not a beltway baller but I do like giving her the gas! Response..Turns..Is my thing..

Should I just scrap the Rapid Bike and get a Power Commander? Will the GIPro work with this setup and is it worth it?

·
Registered
798 Posts
throw the gipro on some people say its useless i had one on my 06 and liked it there was a throttle response difference between the "soft" and "hard" settings.. and until you get the full exhaust i wouldn't bother with the rapid bike or power commander bike will run fine.. when you do put the full exhaust on try the rapid bike out .. dyno it and see what the afr looks like

my .02 says there isn't going to be much of a difference all around though

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
throw the gipro on some people say its useless i had one on my 06 and liked it there was a throttle response difference between the "soft" and "hard" settings.. and until you get the full exhaust i wouldn't bother with the rapid bike or power commander bike will run fine.. when you do put the full exhaust on try the rapid bike out .. dyno it and see what the afr looks like

my .02 says there isn't going to be much of a difference all around though

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts