Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing wiil not go the f#*k away! It's been steadily strengthening as it just sits there and churns away! I work construction and haven't been to work since Tuesday, kinda' hard to pay the bills on a one day a week work schedule!! The dumbass weather forcasters don't have a clue, every 1/2 hour they show the "projected" path of this thing and each time its different. Now they said it'll be a cat 1 within the hour, go north up the coast by Sat., and turn out into the Atlantic to strengthen some more only to circle around and come right back! I've been seriously thinking about leaving this state after 28yrs., just to get away from all this shit! Every year the weather seems to get worse!! :dontknow:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Texas weathers unpredictable...but not as bad...

plus the people are nicer...you could move here...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Yea, TX weather can get a little strange.
Can't set your watch to the afternoon thunderstorms like you can in FL.
There are real hills and turns in TX.
Not a bad place all in all. If you've got some skills and want to work, TX needs you, so come on!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Hill! I've been thru Texas and even to Chorpus Christi (looked like flat land Fla.) I really like it out west, hills, mountains,and lots of "outdoors" stuff to do. But I don't think I could pry my wife that far from her family. She said she'd move to P.A. where most of her family is but I've never lived anywhere that snows. My blood is too thin for that!

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Riderxusa said:
Thanks Hill! I've been thru Texas and even to Chorpus Christi (looked like flat land Fla.) I really like it out west, hills, mountains,and lots of "outdoors" stuff to do. But I don't think I could pry my wife that far from her family. She said she'd move to P.A. where most of her family is but I've never lived anywhere that snows. My blood is too thin for that!
yea fosho on the thin blood and aside from some storms . bugs , humidity , idiot tourists , illegal aliens , and 4 months of 90+ heat it aint so bad :badteeth:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gpz1100 btw I didn't mean to pick on your city. I was only there for a few hours so didn't get to see much. I was there getting my KTM from a dealer there that was sitting on his ass feeding me B.S. about delivery, so I took matters in my own hands.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Riderxusa said:
Thanks gpz1100 btw I didn't mean to pick on your city. I was only there for a few hours so didn't get to see much. I was there getting my KTM from a dealer there that was sitting on his ass feeding me B.S. about delivery, so I took matters in my own hands.
Thankfully all of TX doesn't look like Corpus. Flat and straight as an arrow. I have to drive all over the place (between nearby towns) in my work. BOOORRRRRRRING! I mean when you can go almost 20 minutes at 60 mph and have only 2 bends in the road. Not even a real turn, geez! No offense taken. Hey I made Street Rider! OMG am I on my way to being a...dare I say it. OK, Post Whore. There I said it. Please forgive me. Stop typing! I can't! Somebody help me...................

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
treyzx10r said:
she is a full blown hurricane now
Great! I guess I need to read the manual on "winter preparations" for the bike, it looks like its going to be a while before she'll get ridden again!:headshake

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Riderxusa said:
Great! I guess I need to read the manual on "winter preparations" for the bike, it looks like its going to be a while before she'll get ridden again!:headshake
at least the surfboard aint gettin dusty :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:thumbsup: Cool gpz! Got to find one of those "posting 'bot programs" to keep up with some of these guys! :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
treyzx10r said:
at least the surfboard aint gettin dusty
:+1: my surfing days belong in the "I remember when..." thread.lol

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
You boys stay safe...forreal!

And when y'all ready for the Lone Star State...holla at a brotha! :mrgreen:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
treyzx10r said:
i still get out but i'm long boardin now
At your age Id becareful! :1848:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Hill! Gonna' be a sleepless night tonight f'sho!

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
treyzx10r said:
ouch ! i bet yo hick ass never even been in da surf :lol:
Ive got family in Clearwater thank you very much...

Oh yeah...Im only 3.5 hrs from the coast too...:idea:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts