Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got like 3 hours of sleep, woke up 730 in the morning to go buy myself an 01 z06. Only like an hour away, my ride took their time so I got there maybe 10am. Was gone by id say 11am and on my way home. Came home went to bed at bout 12:30 got up n left for work ~2pm. Everything was fine and dandee then, but after work the car fucked up JUST outside the parking lot. Couldn't shift and clutch pedal would just stick to the floor when I pushed it all the way in. Pulled over and what do you know all my clutch fluid on the ground! Looks like a line or something may of busted iunno for sure tho.

I got the car from a used car lot so imma call them in the morning pretty pissed and try to make them fix the damn thing considering I just overpayed for the car anyways and it's already fucking broke.

I asked about warranty or if shit fucks up after leaving do they cover it and the guy said yes aslong as it's not from me destroying the car basically they will. I am going to assume that as a verbal contract with my mom as a witness and hopefully he will get that shit fixed tomorrow or ill tell him he can take it back I don't want it anymore.

The agony of being a 21 year old having a c5 z06 sitting in my drive way that I just bought yet I can't drive... it's gunna kill me. Sure I have a gen4 zx10r but fml!

Sorry im just going crazy right now... Lost all motivation to do anything after having this shit happen just after work. Just cant believe it's already broken less then 24 hours later and only maybe 2 hours or less of driving.

·
Registered
423 Posts
to be honest you should of expected to put money into it .. its a corvette. there fast and cheap. owned 1 and my father owned 2. then again it could just be the slave cylinder or something stupid.

i hope you didnt buy it as your daily, a corvette as a daily means you should have another rare sports car to wipe your ass with.

By all rights they should fix it. unless its some cheesy run down place then good luck on that verbal contract.

i hope things work out ive been looking at them also. but for the price difference i think ill just keep saving for a c6.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is BONE stock, the only mod is shifter and tinted windows lol. It is a nice car I am in love with it just like my bike. I really hope it is something stupid easy and quick to repair.

I have a piece of shit car that was my daily, gunna use it as a winter beater, but evidently ill have to daily it a few more times.

It is a pretty small used car lot but that being said the shit still broke within 24 hours.

I wouldn't mind a c6 either they are nice.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
it's a pretty easy fix lol.................they shouldn't cover it because you overpaid for the car, I call that.............. you already know lol. They should cover whatever breaks on it just because it's the right thing to do for them.

·
Registered
235 Posts
most small dealerships, near me anyway, offer at least a 90 day warranty on used cars. if thats the case for you then hopefully it covers that. If it comes to it, you might be able to use the lemon law...im no lawyer and im not 100% familiar with the law but it might help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Coming from the owner of an 08 C6, even if it's a line, it won't be cheap. You can't get to the connections to the slave without removing the torque tube, transmission, and rear end. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back on their word once they see what it takes - hope they man up though.

That being said, if you end up doing the work, now is a perfect time to throw a Tick master cylinder in! Got mine in a few months ago and I love it :thumbsup:

Edit: Forgot to add, if it was the slave that went and you notice lots of fluid on the ground, expect to replace the clutch as well. Once fluid contaminates it, there isn't much you can do to save it.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
I feel your pain bro...!
bought a supposing good motor foe my bike after numerous problems that I fixed, finally took it out and the bitch drops a valve.... Hope u get it worked out man..

·
Registered
581 Posts
Coming from the owner of an 08 C6, even if it's a line, it won't be cheap. You can't get to the connections to the slave without removing the torque tube, transmission, and rear end. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back on their word once they see what it takes - hope they man up though.

That being said, if you end up doing the work, now is a perfect time to throw a Tick master cylinder in! Got mine in a few months ago and I love it :thumbsup:

Edit: Forgot to add, if it was the slave that went and you notice lots of fluid on the ground, expect to replace the clutch as well. Once fluid contaminates it, there isn't much you can do to save it.
Yep, on the C5, the slave cylinder is integral with the bearing. You have to drop the transmission, rear suspension, & torque tube assembly all as a unit and then you can remove the bellhousing to access the clutch.

Having said that, I was able to change out a clutch in 12 hours in my garage when I had a C5 (burned the clutch with nitrous use) by myself using a couple floor jacks. And that was never having done the job before. I imagine with a shop lift and a knowledgeable mechanic the job would be much quicker. It all sounds like a PITA, but it's really not that hard to drop the entire driveline in the car. The C5 Corvette is one of the easiest cars to work on. The C4 I had on the other hand...PITA!!! I own a C6 now (my daily driver) and have never had to do anything to it :mrgreen:

Want a pure maintenance whore, buy a Lotus. That POS not only broke often but was a serious PITA to work on. And god forbid you needed a part. Finding a part was hard because several were discontinued and most you had to order from overseas.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it was a hydraulic line inside the engine bay for the clutch. dealer is paying to have it fixed so that's a plus. Should be done by Friday. Everybody at work loved it lol. People think I'm rich as fuck with a new bike and Corvette. But im financing half my income so I'm poor.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Well it was a hydraulic line inside the engine bay for the clutch. dealer is paying to have it fixed so that's a plus. Should be done by Friday. Everybody at work loved it lol. People think I'm rich as fuck with a new bike and Corvette. But im financing half my income so I'm poor.
Wait until you get married with kids, then you'll really be poor lol. :lol:

Glad you were able to get your baby fixed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It aint fixed yet, maybe Friday I'll have it. Kinda sucks it's costing the dealer $540 gotta replace slave cylinder. Can't wait to get it back tho. Nice of them to pay to repair it tho.

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
lol I run injection molding machines. Doesn't pay the greatest but it's not bad either. Consistent 48 hours a week helps. I am waiting for people to pull the mommy and daddy card cause that one will make me rofl. I wish they woulda bought this shit for me that'd save me a ton of money!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts