Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo i was adjusting my suspension today and noticed that on my right form my adjustment for Rebound (the knob u use a flathead to adjust) has a differant range of motion from what the service manual says..my left has all of the 13 clicks it suppose to but my left only has about nine clicks of motion... my fork seals were replaced by the dealership..although im sure its their fault i just dont get how u can mess up the range of motion on that?

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
It may have something to do with where the nut on the top of the inner shaft gets positioned when assembling the forks. There's nothing stopping this from being threaded on a different amount than the shop manual says. As long as you always do your settings based on "clicks out from fully closed" it won't matter.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
It means they didn't put it back together according to factory specs.

You are supposed to measure where that nut sits on the center rod. If one doesn't do that, or if one is inaccurate with the measurement, or if one uses the specifications from some other bike, it's going to have some effect. Having said that, it's almost impossible to put that nut on absolutely dead-nuts unless you have a fixture to set it up (which is no doubt the way the factory does it) and most people don't.

By the way, all upside-down cartridge forks that are of this general design have the same situation. It's not specific to ZX10R.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
by the way, from the colour of your bike, I'm guessing that you have a sister to my own (2004 model). The measurement that I am talking about is on page 13-15 of the factory service manual for the 2004 model. If you get that wrong, you'll have the situation you describe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts