Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
great race but wind terrible, steady 20mph straight up track fri and sat gusting higher. decided to put a big man on it for fun as we wernt gonna set any new bests for bike under conditions. 250 suited, lit tire up both runs with 1.86/2.21 60 fts. jaws dropped tho at 8.94/149.2 and 8.89/149.90 passes with those 60 fts. bike strong still cant get clutch right, 2 passes sunday morning with 170 suited other rider, wind better, best 1,42 60 ft., 5.50/132.34-8.53/160.44 on motor. just head, 08 race int, stk. ex. cam, full street trim. just finished and dyno'd out a gen 1 at 189hp/86 ft lbs torque same mods this week for a member on here. here busa busa.

·
Registered
727 Posts
great race but wind terrible, steady 20mph straight up track fri and sat gusting higher. decided to put a big man on it for fun as we wernt gonna set any new bests for bike under conditions. 250 suited, lit tire up both runs with 1.86/2.21 60 fts. jaws dropped tho at 8.94/149.2 and 8.89/149.90 passes with those 60 fts. bike strong still cant get clutch right, 2 passes this morning with 170 suited other rider, wind better, best 1,42 60 ft., 5.50/132.34-8.53/160.44 on motor. just head, 08 race int, stk. ex. cam, full street trim. just finished and dyno'd out a gen 1 at 189hp/86 ft lbs torque same mods this week for a member on here. here busa busa.
That is nuts getting into the 8's with that 60. Let alone with a big man, the headwind and not having the clutch right.. As usual nice work and nice ass mph!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, staged with front tire, it trips clocks. back tire just spun instantley, bike hardley moved foward or up. guy is hell of a rider, recovered quickley and went for it. just found problem unloading bike, i run 600 lbs spring, adams flatlink bottomed against track unloading tire. never had a scratch on it, ground off a little today. he rides older zx12 launching at 9k with low 1.40 60 fts. smooth and fast at 9.40. he was trying to launch the ten the same way. this was pretty cool, he races with a big crowd, lot of people know the ten and him and watched. people threw up hands laughing at launch, but some hollering going on when the clocks lit up. some said clocks wrong, no way.backed it up hour later with same type pass. natl race with top fuel, pro mod, pro street, clocks were spot on all wknd.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Well done Gaz and a great rep for GenII!!!!!!!!!!! Wish i could have ya work some magic on my G2...GA aint too far away! lol. Congrats! Sounds like a blast!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
djzx10r is the gen 1 bike with 189hp/86ft lbs trque just dyno tuned same dyno/mods as the 07. dj was 240 suited, losing a little weight. put the big rider on the ten this weekend after getting his dyno #'s to see where we stood real world. he's gonna surprise some people with his stk. piston ten. only 2 tens at the 3 day race, both gen 2 in a world of busas and 14's. bgma, ur flying on that 14r, but ur talent is the exception. those other big bikes at the race dont want none of this old ten. all out cams, 3mm coming in the near future.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
no, staged with front tire, it trips clocks.
I was just messin' with ya... I don't doubt a bit... though I meant you must be tripping the 60' beam with the back tire. :wink:

Seriously though, I'd love to see that time slip... it had to look like a time machine at the 1/8th mile. :notworthy:

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Hey Gaz lemme ask you something, im having a hard time keeping mine cool just with headwork/cams. How do you keep temps down?? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
not very well, cant go everywhere i want the way i would like to. the 07 head is decked .026 along with .45mm hg. i have to be careful, long as i run above 50 im good. in town, traffic stop and go, redlights, will get hot. live on the edge of town. can get where i want pretty well riding the outskirts to the other side. something i have to live with, but not a big deal for me. these tens are the first stock bore bikes ive owned in 35 years, learned to live with it. no problem expressway or open road. just milled a ten head .032 total race only with .45 mm hg., strong broad torque band, gonna pull hard everywhere. hp/heat always a compromise.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I hear ya buddy. Think im at the point where ive done about all i can do besides spending nearly 300 on a Samco Rad hose kit. But yea sometimes getting caught in traffic it gets sketchy. Thanks for the reply, have half a mind to try to send ya my head one of these days!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nice work.. like everybody else said, with the track conditions and size of the rider to take a 10 into the 8's, is crazy impressive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts