Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

A local car/bike show this weekend were dyno testing cars and bikes, so I ran my gen 1 that I bought earlier this April, after a few pulls the highest numbers it put down was 123hp and 80tq. Does that seem kind of low to anyone? It has a pcIII and a hindle slip on exhaust. Since April I've replaced the radiator/fan, fuel pump, spark plugs/oil and valve cover gasket. It has 24k miles on it now, this is my first liter bike experience so I don't have any reference to what these bikes should feel like. Any ideas what could be the deal?

Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No pinched fuel lines, a compression test might be telling, not looking forward to getting to those 2 outside spark plugs though.

·
Registered
617 Posts
What where some of the other bikes/models pulling?

Where there other zx10's there pulling 165? ZX14's pulling 190?

Would be interesting if you did a pull somewhere else to compare before you go and thinking something is shot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is your servo valve in the exhaust working properly maybe a loos cable or something ?
possibly its not opening and blocking flow I had it with mine to opened it up gained 40hp on the dyno

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just thought my bike felt slow it barely pulled a powerwheely in 1st thats why I whent to dyno made around 120-125 after opening the valve boom 164 now I have a full system on it no more valve and 169hp happy days

·
Registered
27 Posts
maybe the torque figure is in newton meters thats whats used in europe they should be around 110 on the wheel full power...
I still think its the valve :biggrin:

·
Registered
350 Posts
No pinched fuel lines, a compression test might be telling, not looking forward to getting to those 2 outside spark plugs though.
the outside plugs aren't that difficult, take off the extra frame brackets and swing them out of the way, get a long extension, a swivel a really short extension and I personally used another swivel then the socket. made it easier to do without cracking my knuckles or struggling with it. Just gotta make sure it will all fit in under the frame. If your already in there it really is easier to just take off more than to try and fight around stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What where some of the other bikes/models pulling?

Where there other zx10's there pulling 165? ZX14's pulling 190?

Would be interesting if you did a pull somewhere else to compare before you go and thinking something is shot.
There were a few newer gsxr-1000, bmw s1000, and a gen 4 zx10 all making between 190-200 hp so it definitely wasnt the dyno.

Is your servo valve in the exhaust working properly maybe a loos cable or something ?
possibly its not opening and blocking flow I had it with mine to opened it up gained 40hp on the dyno
I just thought my bike felt slow it barely pulled a powerwheely in 1st thats why I whent to dyno made around 120-125 after opening the valve boom 164 now I have a full system on it no more valve and 169hp happy days
I looked down the pipe and the exhaust valve does cycles on startup. Haven't done a compression test yet, will do that when I have time. Hmmmmm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts