Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Guys... Here is a story to end all...

So me (10r) and my friend (GSXR 600) are on our way to the Mall in Grand Rapids... A normal trip to grab some chinese... On our way we take the highway. We are cruising minding our own business (really) and I check my rear view and there is a blue Lumina right on my butt... I didn't see him until he was right behind me... He must of been doing a hundred to come up behind us. So my friend takes off and I change lanes and take her up to 115 and said see ya... We come up on our exit about a minute or two later.. Slowing down for the off ramp... Here is the wacked out part... This Lumina pulls up beside my friend and throws a two liter at him.. Orange pop... A Full Two Liter. I saw the whole thing.. Say the guy reach down and toss it at him. He missed thankfully, but I pulled up to my friend and said "what the heck was that". Asked him if he did anything or what happened.. Nothing, Nothing at all... That guy could have killed him... What is up with people....

·
Registered
245 Posts
About 10 years ago, I was on my CB750 nighthawk minding my own business, when a carload of guys pulled up beside me and was yelling that my rear tire was flat. Obviously I could tell that it wasn't so I took off. They chased me for about 2 miles. I kept it redlined until I couldn't see their headlights anymore. If I would have stopped, no telling what those guys would have done to me.
Just gota watch out for idiots like that.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
On new years eve years ago here we were in my buddies Iroc Z on way home.
Car pulls up next to us, I look over and his passenger throws a half full bud can at me.
I ducked it (reflex) without thinking and it hit my friend who was driving.

My friend asks me if I did anything to have that happen, said nope.

Before I knew it my buddy does a bit of a reverse pit maneuver to the kid.
Puts the guys fender into our passenger door with a quick steering input.
Knocked the other car of the road, onto sidewalk and into a streetlight on US1.

I was shocked and pretty impressed. The door just looked like it took a good kick.

Guys were getting out of car as we kept driving at about 45mph.

P.S.- Last I heard, the guy who drove the Iroc lives in Vegas and works in "collections."

Be careful out there.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Dunno....I used to ride in Boston and Providence an awful lot. Tons of angry drivers there that'll do anything to be A'holes. I got really skilled at dropping back and or pulling around and tearing off passenger mirrors......

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
dogbone said:
Dunno....I used to ride in Boston and Providence an awful lot. Tons of angry drivers there that'll do anything to be A'holes. I got really skilled at dropping back and or pulling around and tearing off passenger mirrors......
i had a buddy who said he kicked mirrors off as well...i guess it's more common than i thought....

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
In high school, my friend and I were walking home and a truck load of guys drives buy at about 40 mph and throws a full, unopened can of soda at us. Thankfully we watched them throw it so we could duck. It hit the wall and exploded. A 40 mph 12 oz. bullet at someones head would kill them.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Had asimilar incident many years ago. Riding in a residential neighborhood, I notice a pick up coming towards me except it looked like the driver's door was open or something. It was dark so it was hard to see, but I could tell somethings wasn't right. As the truck approached, they launched a trash can (old style metal galvanized model) at me. Since I was already on high alert, I managed to dodge it without much drama. That could have been a bad one, as well.

·
Registered
216 Posts
reading these stories are tripping me out guys.....its just hard to imagine the sheer stupidity and carelessness of people. Does anyone else carry a hammer somewhere on their bike to smash out a window of these people like Billy Lane? (the kicking off the mirrors comment made me think of that)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Chad I hope you got that bastards plate. Give it to the MSP and have a report written. Take the report and seek prosecution, that is BS.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Try riding a bicycle. They were having a USCF event (race) somewhere in middle-Tennessee last year and a CAT 5 rider was riding along and a guy throws a pipe at him, hits him in the jaw and puts a hole in his cheek. Luckily the guy was arrested. People are retarded. I know all kinds of people who have had things thrown at them....

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
vettewreck said:
reading these stories are tripping me out guys.....its just hard to imagine the sheer stupidity and carelessness of people. Does anyone else carry a hammer somewhere on their bike to smash out a window of these people like Billy Lane? (the kicking off the mirrors comment made me think of that)
No, but there is a guy at the local hang out who had a tomahawk, axe, hatchet, something mounted on the right hand side of the bike. The dude wore a headband and looked crazy..... and he could hang with anyone on his naked SV650.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
vettewreck said:
I have considered carrying porcelian chips with me. Don't have to hit a window too hard with it and it'll shatter. Friend in high school used to do that.

Problem is if you get caught then YOU get in trouble, coins are less obvious when found in you pocket but do less damage.

I have kicked in a door or two and as a warning without damage, smack the antenna and let it whip around a bit for an attention getter.
Just don't get mad and lose focus on riding. Better to let it go.

One day a guy in an SUV tried to make me rear end him for no good reason.
You know quick stop for nothing.

I was so mad I took off my helmet to hit his car and he ran. I chased him through the city for a while. At reds he'd turn right, he ran one so I did. I noticed he had a wife and kid in the car so I guess they had him panicked.

Finally he was driving so recklessly his wife tried to get out at a brief stop. Guy was trapped so he went wrong way down an alley. I let him go cause of the lady and kid.

Thought he was going to wreck and hurt them and maybe a bystander. What an ass. I couldn't believe his driving and no cops in a heavily patrolled area.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JOECOP,
Too bad we were on a busy off ramp... No time to turn it around. My friend was pretty shook up so we decided not to persue... If they are willing to do that, they might be will to do something more... My friend said that they will get theirs in the end...

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I was riding to my friend house on 202. Out of the blue. a big ass surban cut right in front me. on the back glass was a big harley enblem. I knock it down 2 gears and zoom past him. I was a few car length ahead of him and I flip him off. I kept looking in my mirrior and once I seen him speed up. I did the same thing and zoom in out traffic. this went on for at least ten minutes. i know it has piss him knowing that he catch me. other then that. i been real lucky. there not much you can do about these losers. we just have to be alert to these assholes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts