Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not me; my silly cousin on his SV650... I know I know... To many biker boy movies. Anyway...

He is on some HWY and police are trying to get him. They get 1/2 his plate number. He get's off the HWY and get's snagged by a local cop. They put him in jail he posts bail and gets out.

The crime is a felony and he is getting a lawyer. His driving record is not good but he is a good dude, just a sort of wannabe. He has never been in jail before or had trouble with the law other than moving violations.

He thinks he has some weak case because they did not get his full plate but obviously fit the description of a runner.

Anyone have any experience with this...

I know first mistake is trying to get away on a bike that tops out at 124MPH.

I feel so bad he has a full time job in "IT" in NYC. He is so done...:headshake

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE:
This happened in Virginia

Case went to trial; he was found guilty and they took him straight to jail. He will get sentenced in two months and he will get credit for the time served up until then.

We all do crazy stuff... Everyone pick your moment be smart and be careful.

The rest of his life has just changed... He has never been locked up or arrested before so there ya go.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that sucks,

·
Registered
641 Posts
The thing I always recommend to people if you are spotted somewhere but they lose sight of you and then radio someone and they "get you" later is to tell them your bike is for sale, and that you let someone test ride your bike with your gear. But yeah, running on an SV was dumb. Unless it was in the twisties =)

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
dude, take this thread down in case there is some kind of investigation.

Maybe?
:spit:

Theres no accurate discription so i wouldnt worry bout it. He's just looking for some advice.

·
Registered
611 Posts
i am no lawyer, but ive had my fair share of court cases.
you really cannot predict the outcome.
1 thing i can assure you is that he'll be paying for it! tri state court system is fucked.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Not me; my silly cousin on his SV650... I know I know... To many biker boy movies. Anyway...

He is on some HWY and police are trying to get him. They get 1/2 his plate number. He get's off the HWY and get's snagged by a local cop. They put him in jail he posts bail and gets out.

The crime is a felony and he is getting a lawyer. His driving record is not good but he is a good dude, just a sort of wannabe. He has never been in jail before or had trouble with the law other than moving violations.

He thinks he has some weak case because they did not get his full plate but obviously fit the description of a runner.

Anyone have any experience with this...

I know first mistake is trying to get away on a bike that tops out at 124MPH.

I feel so bad he has a full time job in "IT" in NYC. He is so done...:headshake

Tell your cousin serving time is an educational experience. :headshake

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dude, take this thread down in case there is some kind of investigation.

Maybe?
Well I hear ya but he already has to go to court and this is just what he told me I have no clue what actually happenend.

His bike is in bad shape too. I would pull him over cause it does not look street legal. All kinds of tapes and wires all over the place. Plate not secure. I hope he gets his act together for now on.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
:headshake

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would say this much. He should have never ran from the cops. If he did it one time he has done it before. Look at this way they saved his life. Maybe the next time he would not have been so lucky. Then they would be calling the coroner to pick him up. Trust me when I say this... I am the one they call.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Guy I was with in the Air Force with about 6 years ago ran. He got the boot (of course) then I believe he got like 3 years probation and all the bells and whistles. He had a clean record and the miltitary background working for him. I would probably prepare his booty hole because I am sure its going to be tender.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Not going to be a good time for him, especially with the typical results of the BIKERS running from the cops up that way.
Maybe it will indeed help him clean up his act and if he si lucky he wont get the full felony charge, as you are screwed from there.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Always follow your lawyer's advice, or get another lawyer.

Anyway, playing the "wasn't me" card is a good way to get the book thrown at you.

If your record is clean, plead the charge down, pay a big fine and a big fee to your lawyer. Stay out of jail.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
damb that sucks...running from cops here where i live is a big no no theyll beat the **** outta you....and theres nothing you can do about it....cricked cops:)

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
^^^Same here in florida...Be ready to be ripped off that bike and them throwing your bike around just because...Police brutality is a on going thing here in florida...

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
that video is nothing...ive seen some crazy shit here....and it sucks if you speak up or something your next in line to get yo ass whooped!!! 'round here they think think the law doesnt apply to them....fine with me....my riding buddies and i got a surprise for them if something was to ever happen....and i think it will go something like this....

Officer: Do you know why i pulled you over?
Ridding buddies and/or me: (response): officer just wanted to inform you you are being recorded and taped (by all of us, make sure you abide to the law:) we wouldnt want to bust out or recorders or camera in court or anything:)) we would never threaten an officer like that i was just being sarcastic:) so far none of the police brutality has effected us....main thing is we just cant get stopped when were by ourselves:)

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
lmao!!!!!!!!!!! :crackup: :badteeth:

Guy I was with in the Air Force with about 6 years ago ran. He got the boot (of course) then I believe he got like 3 years probation and all the bells and whistles. He had a clean record and the miltitary background working for him. I would probably prepare his booty hole because I am sure its going to be tender.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts