Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
don't know about you guys, but i love me some ramon... i like to put some velveta cheese and rotel salsa in with it sometimes... also brown up some polish sausage and toss it in with either bbq sauce or ketchup! (don't judge me lol)

i'd like everyone to post some of their favorite recipes... anything that's quick, simple and delicious... something to share with everyone else on the thread...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
really, if i had to live off ramon noodles, the 1st thing i'd do tomorrow morning would be to sell my bike and buy some real food. If i can't afford to eat, i ain't gonna have a ninja.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no one said anything about me not being able to afford to eat... or even being able to afford my ninja... just trying to get some cheap and easy recipes dude... chill

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Use less of the flavor packet. That stuff is packed with sodium. If I'm feeling lazy, I'll make some. I chop up deli meat and some cheese and mix it in after it's cooked. I rarely eat it though.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
well guy, you did say it got old after a few weeks of living off of it. The only people i've known to live of noodles are broke. So sorry for inferring too much i guess.

Anyway, if you want quick easy recipes, here's a couple.

1st, throw out your ramon noodles, you won't need them. But get a few lbs of smoked sausage.

Cut up a lb and throw it in a frying pan, then throw some sauerkraut in there with it. I like to add jalepeno slices... Good stuff and easy as anything.

Cut up a lb of smoked sausage. Throw it into a pot of water along with a chopped onion, a couple diced potatos, a diced onion, a can of chicken broth. When it starts boiling, throw in a chopped head of cabbage. Cook for a few and you got... good stuff and easy as anything. If you can do cornbread it's awesome with it.

Cut up a lb of smoked sausage. Throw it in a pot with 2 large cans of turnip greens, a diced onion, a can of rotel, a can of broth, and 2 cans of northern beans. Bring to boil then simmer for 1/2 hr. Eat it with cornbread. Good stuff and easy as anything. I know it sounds not-so-good, but i never ate greens til i had this stuff and it's great.

Go buy a lb of chopped bbq pork from your local joint. I smoke my own, saves a lot of money. But a lb goes a long way.

Bake a potato, throw some bbq, cheese, butter, sour cream, sauce, bacon bits, whatever on there and enjoy.

Bake some fries, throw some bbq, cheese, ranch, sauce, bacon bits, whatever on there and enjoy.

Buy a bag of salad mix. Throw some in a bowl with whatever you like on salads. I go green and black olives, jalepenos, pickles, hard-boiled egg, cheese, etc. Now throw some of your bbq on there. I like ranch or a vinegar-based bbq sauce on it.

Just a couple ideas to get you started.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
now that's what i'm talkin about! all of that sounds great!

btw, i'll update my original post... should hopefully help the thread flow a little better...

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,369 Posts
well guy, you did say it got old after a few weeks of living off of it. The only people i've known to live of noodles are broke. So sorry for inferring too much i guess.

Anyway, if you want quick easy recipes, here's a couple.

1st, throw out your ramon noodles, you won't need them. But get a few lbs of smoked sausage.

Cut up a lb and throw it in a frying pan, then throw some sauerkraut in there with it. I like to add jalepeno slices... Good stuff and easy as anything.

Cut up a lb of smoked sausage. Throw it into a pot of water along with a chopped onion, a couple diced potatos, a diced onion, a can of chicken broth. When it starts boiling, throw in a chopped head of cabbage. Cook for a few and you got... good stuff and easy as anything. If you can do cornbread it's awesome with it.

Cut up a lb of smoked sausage. Throw it in a pot with 2 large cans of turnip greens, a diced onion, a can of rotel, a can of broth, and 2 cans of northern beans. Bring to boil then simmer for 1/2 hr. Eat it with cornbread. Good stuff and easy as anything. I know it sounds not-so-good, but i never ate greens til i had this stuff and it's great.

Go buy a lb of chopped bbq pork from your local joint. I smoke my own, saves a lot of money. But a lb goes a long way.

Bake a potato, throw some bbq, cheese, butter, sour cream, sauce, bacon bits, whatever on there and enjoy.

Bake some fries, throw some bbq, cheese, ranch, sauce, bacon bits, whatever on there and enjoy.

Buy a bag of salad mix. Throw some in a bowl with whatever you like on salads. I go green and black olives, jalepenos, pickles, hard-boiled egg, cheese, etc. Now throw some of your bbq on there. I like ranch or a vinegar-based bbq sauce on it.

Just a couple ideas to get you started.
Now I'm hungry.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Don't really eat that too much. But a buddy of mine at work just breaks it up and pours the mix in the bag and eats it dry like that. :screwy:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Don't really eat that too much. But a buddy of mine at work just breaks it up and pours the mix in the bag and eats it dry like that. :screwy:
Ha..i eat em dry as well..also put em in salads. If i make soup...i trash the flavor pack..effin sodium up the wazoo. I use a small can of cooked chicken...(juice and all) can of rotel..(again juice and all) cut up some red or green onion..some chili peppers...a lil water...boil and add the noodles. Instant reasonably healthy 5min meal! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Closest thing to ramen I eat is pho, there's a few good places here in the twin cities and I could eat it everyday! So good! Definitely gonna try some of them German recipes though! That's sounds great!!

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
LOVE ramen noodles! My buddies and i used to stay up all night playing video games and eating them when we were younger. I actually have a case at the house of the chicken flavor, but beef is my favorite.

I boil them on the stove and then pour out the majority of the water, then pour in the seasoning and let it simmer on the stove till theyre really mushy and then i let them sit for 5min without heat to let the juice become a sauce and then im a happy guy.

The chicken mixed with beef is awesome too, and so is chopping up hotdogs and tossing them in to cook with it.

another thing that is tits, is to get some jalepenos, sausage, velvetta, and bacon. hollow out the jalepeno the fill it with cheese, then put a slice of sausage on top and wrap it in bacon. cover it in foil and let it sit on the pit till its cooked

·
Registered
423 Posts
I take a packet of chicken ramon smash it up to little pieces, take your favorite doritos (cool ranch my fav.) smash them up. dump both in a dorrito bag and put a small amount of hot water in there just so its above the noodles. let it soak for a minute then drain the water, roll the dorritos bag all the way down to form a burrito and let it sit for another minute ...

learned it in jail ramon burrtios... heres my guys video

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
So how much are people weighing in at around here?!! Lol!!
194lbs over here....u just cant beat food in the south, well cook anything together and itll be good a fuck too

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
that dorrito burrito doesnt look bad lol

Right now im eating blackened catfish topped with crawfish ettoufee with corn and mashed taters on the side

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Closest thing to ramen I eat is pho,
:crackup:

Come out to Cali. bro , the Pho here is dangerously good. Noodles & eggs got me through high school:wink: cheap and filling. I have a bowl of Pho about once a week.
I'm hoovering about 205-210lbs. on any given day.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Yes, there are several websites dedicated to the Ramon Quisine... My daughter found a website that lets people put up their recipies... alot of Jail house stuff...

one I remember was chocolate cake... don't remeber it exactly, but remember involved ramon noodles (no spice packet), hot coco mix, Oreo cookies with the insides and chocolate cookie part seporated... really amazing how the recipie was based on single serving packets of suff that could be purchased at the prison commisary. The "cakes" were made in two coffee cups, popped out and "frosted"...

it was interesting enough we wanted to give it a try but didn't have the stuff on hand to make it.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Yes, there are several websites dedicated to the Ramon Quisine... My daughter found a website that lets people put up their recipies... alot of Jail house stuff...

one I remember was chocolate cake... don't remeber it but remember involved ramon noodles (no spice packet), hot coco mix, Oreo cookies with the insides and chocolate cookie part seporated... really amazing how the recipie was based on single serving packets of suff that could be purchased at the prison commisary. The "cakes" were made in two coffee cups, popped out and "frosted"...

it was interesting enough we wanted to give it a try but didn't have the stuff on hand to make it.
Rifleman's 1/5th chocolate cakes going to be added to the products section of Double Z Racing????

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Rifleman's 1/5th chocolate cakes going to be added to the products section of Double Z Racing????
:idea:

hey, the customer is NEVER wrong... if they will buy it... I will sell it:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts