Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The kawasaki ram air is great on all the zx10's 04-06.
I have checked PSI in the box next to the velocity stacks, and the o4/05 did very well with .65 PSI on average WOT at speed, the 06 only did a very little better .75-.77 at some times breifly .95 psi
.65= 7.8 h.p. the 04 briefly went to .85 psi for 10.2 h.p.
.75= 9.0 h.p. 06 10 average
.78= 9.3 h.p. 06 10 average
.95= 11.4 h.p. 06 10 brief high
I am working on bringing in .9 psi constant by changing size, straightening, and velocity.

·
Registered
735 Posts
:thumbsup: Wow! cool stuff! Just curious, how did you measure the psi?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Is there any mods done to the intake tract/airbox of said test bikes?

·
Registered
37 Posts
which manometer

looking at getting me a manometer, found one that reads up to 2psi in .0003 increments....just curious as to which one you are using, and do you know of a good, less expensive one?
thanks, damon

·
Registered
204 Posts
At which rpm range was that and at what speed? How much fuel % would you need to maintain the correct A/F ratio? If we don't take into consideration your data the bike should lean out when the Ram air effect goes to work.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
quick question how can you have two averages for the 06 10? which one is the average? JMO i understand its not a huge differance between .75 and.78 but which was the average

·
Registered
204 Posts
Basic math would tell you .765, which is +/- .15 hp diff. Who cares, don't distract him, let him answer mine first. :smile:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
colinmitchell111 said:
:thumbsup: Wow! cool stuff! Just curious, how did you measure the psi?
I have data logging equipment, but they do sell much much less inexpensive
air pressure monitors that will work very well.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1killer1liter said:
Is there any mods done to the intake tract/airbox of said test bikes?
There are the one I told you about and an BMC filter.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
syclone01 said:
looking at getting me a manometer, found one that reads up to 2psi in .0003 increments....just curious as to which one you are using, and do you know of a good, less expensive one?
thanks, damon
I did a searh and found some inexpensive ones, 2 psi would be a good one to get nothing higher is needed as it will never go above 1 psi in the box.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boricua said:
At which rpm range was that and at what speed? How much fuel % would you need to maintain the correct A/F ratio? If we don't take into consideration your data the bike should lean out when the Ram air effect goes to work.
Up to 194 MPH on GPS at 100 % throttle also at 75 mph cruising on the
04zx10 i was still pulling .40 psi
Certain RPM's at top speed show less PSI and then come back up I think its do to cam timming being more effecient at certain rpm's.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shenanigans said:
quick question how can you have two averages for the 06 10? which one is the average? JMO i understand its not a huge differance between .75 and.78 but which was the average
average .75-.78 average and .9 just very brief 1/2 second jumps in pressure.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
snoopnoon said:
What formula did you use to get the HP ratings? or was this done on a dyno. If so how did you get the ram air?
1 PSI of boost = 12 -13 H.P.
I went with 1 psi = 12 h.p.
This was done riding the bike.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Kickaho said:
Still missed one. . . Define "at speed"? Is this like 80,100, or like 150mph? GREAT POST though BTW, rep awarded :ayyy:
Most done at 100% WOT from 2-6th gear.
And even when letting off the gas completly (closed throttle) on the 04 it was at .45 all the way down to about 65mph

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kickaho said:
Still missed one. . . Define "at speed"? Is this like 80,100, or like 150mph? GREAT POST though BTW, rep awarded :ayyy:
:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts