Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question? i took someones idea and made my ram air ducts on my 05 pretty much fit the opening around the steering head. now u can see the air filter directly from the opening beneath the headlight, anyways do u think this would be of any benefit or just a hinderance and also would u cut out the center wall in the air ducts since they are there to keep the ducts from collapsing.sorry no pics because u just cant see it with my camera. any comments please

·
Registered
451 Posts
Do not cut the center pieces out unless you want the air duct to flap around like a wet noodle:lol:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iceman, i was hoping u would chime in since u were the one who said there is nothing wrong with it as is if i recall correctly. im sure u know much more about it than i do. without the center piece it will not flap around because the outsides are sort of stretched and secured outwardly so that it will not move around. its not supporting anything at all now and is basically just in the way i guess, so without supporting anything would u cut it out?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i probably read all of them but i dont believe any of them actually had the snorkel stretched out so that it is a somewhat straight shot from opening to the airbox. if i can get a pic ill show u

1 - 6 of 6 Posts