Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey no doubt your see my post about dyno maps are crap?

Have you noticed the stock bike map for a zx14r zzr1400 etc for a PCIII has major amounts of fuel taken out of it now why would Kawasaki send a stock bike out with over fuelling and need -13 taken out of it where the motor peaks?

Maybe that's the cure to your extra power your finding when you wind off from fuel throttle, my mates been moaning about this on his 04 zx10r for 3 years now i got Dyno mapped and got a higher print out from when i went in but the soggy full throttle was worse....so hence me adding +23 i had tried +12 to start and felt it was lots better so i am at that now on my fuel map to cure it.

Which i might add is way higher than any map i seen out there...

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
different bikes need different fuel maps. don't forget power commander maps were made for a bike in California and those elevations and temperatures will all decide on what the bike needs. Custom maps by a good dyno operator who actually knows what hes doing will be the best bet. If the operator knows about how to tune a bike you should have good results.

as for the bike being rich, sometimes the manufacture knows that the bike is going to get a pipe on it and air filter and it will need more fuel so they come rich to begin with. just one opinion though.

If you really want to know what you bike is doing get a data logger wideband O2

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
If you really want to know what you bike is doing get a data logger wideband O2[/QUOTE]

Sorry to thread jack. Can you elaborate more on this data logger?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
http://www.daytona-sensors.com/WEGO2.html

this is what I am running on my bike and a few others, there are a few other boxes that do the same thing but we switched over to these.

Basically it has a Bosh style O2 sensor that you have a welded bung in the pipe to screw into. You also can hook up inputs for throttle position and RPM

These units record data ranging from 15mins to 3 hours and you can view what ever the bike was doing in that time frame and view 100% throttle from 5k to redline and see that the bike was maybe in the 13.4 range at 9,000 rpm and so in the power commander map you can add 2-3 numbers until it makes the bike have a perfect air fuel delivery.

·
Registered
131 Posts
http://www.daytona-sensors.com/WEGO2.html

this is what I am running on my bike and a few others, there are a few other boxes that do the same thing but we switched over to these.

Basically it has a Bosh style O2 sensor that you have a welded bung in the pipe to screw into. You also can hook up inputs for throttle position and RPM

These units record data ranging from 15mins to 3 hours and you can view what ever the bike was doing in that time frame and view 100% throttle from 5k to redline and see that the bike was maybe in the 13.4 range at 9,000 rpm and so in the power commander map you can add 2-3 numbers until it makes the bike have a perfect air fuel delivery.

Wich one(part#) did you get?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Often wondered how they dynotune a ram air bike when when it's static

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
WEGO2-SYS I got that one you can get this one WEGO2-SYS-NB which doesn't have the heads up display but you can log data onto that one and put it somewhere under the seat or something.

this will not be a bolt on type thing that will gain you horsepower, this is a tuning tool for field use which you use real world data of air fuel, rpm and throttle position.

You will gain horsepower and have a fine tuned bike after your done tuning it but it just takes a few pulls and map adjustments to make it perfect air fuel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts