Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Since i got this bike bone stock, i decided to make a thread with everything i do to the bike and my thoughts on it.
I wrote "build" because its not a real build, it wont be anything like some of the bikes here on the forum.
ATM i dont have a lot of money left after buying the bike, so just small bits to start.

Well first things first, something i think everyone should do the day they get their bike home.
Remove the side reflector, and REPLACE WITH A BOLT, a lot of people leave there, and some people take off and leave the fender hangging with two bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
true!!! took me almost a year before i removed mine!...almost 3 yrs before i removed my tank fuel sticker...lol

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
true!!! took me almost a year before i removed mine!...almost 3 yrs before i removed my tank fuel sticker...lol
haha, yep and it makes a lot of difference IMO

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well second thing i did was an oil and filter change but there is nothing to see there.

I also think i am the first one to do this, but i might be wrong.
My dad has a green 2011 and he replaced the tank cover with the 2012 green cover. On the 2011 it is gloss black, and on the 2012 is is green.

Well i replaced my tank cover, with the stock one from my dad, so flat black became gloss black.

Here is my dads now.
Mine before
Both together
Mine after

Attachments

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great. Now ditch the curb feelers, factory lables and fab a fender elim..
I am going to remove the feelers, thanks for reminding me.
Graves fender eliminator already ordered, it was back ordered for 2 weeks though.
I can live with the stock one for a little.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today some parts already arrived :eek:ccasion1

Nothing too special, but essential.
EOS frame sliders, and swing arm spools.

They are made in the USA, i think by a wera racers.
Come with 12.9 grade bolts and very nicely packed.

I know some of you are against any type of frame sliders, but they saved me a bunch of money before.
And a picture from the front show that they dont stick out too far.

Attachments

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks my man.
Hopefully a lot more to come soon haha

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Going to do the rifleman insert and sprocket change?

I just recently did my rifleman and went -1 and can't believe the difference. You've probably already done all this with previous bikes; this is my first, so I'm stoked. I doubt I'll do +2 in the rear as -1 up front gives me the perfect street gearing.

Good luck with your build, Rafa! :thumbsup:

PS, if you're interested in swapping some plastics out for green, I may be interested in swapping some of mine out for black; just saying! :cool:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well I removed my reflectors last weekend and left the bolts out instead planning to plug the holes with plastic push connectors. The Fender is REALLY SOLID without the bolts so why add the weight?

Bang for the buck...Rifleman 1/5th, -1 Sprocket, and now Ivan's de-restriction mod. Graves Slip-on as soon as you get a few bucks saved up.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I removed my reflectors last weekend and left the bolts out instead planning to plug the holes with plastic push connectors. The Fender is REALLY SOLID without the bolts so why add the weight?

Bang for the buck...Rifleman 1/5th, -1 Sprocket, and now Ivan's de-restriction mod. Graves Slip-on as soon as you get a few bucks saved up.

Lol, i am sorry but that is no excuse.
I've seen a guy run his track bike with only half of the rotor bolts, and it was fine, so why bother adding weight with it?

Anyway, sprockets are on the list, last bike i had the r6 throttle tube, might do the same here, or go all out with a motion pro.

Graves is definitively the exhaust i would be going with.

You talking about the ivan tre?
That only helps in partial throttle, and even then when you get the ecu re flashed you can get it all changed there already.

And sorry man, not looking for any green fairings right now, but thanks for the offer. :eek:ccasion1

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So here is what happened today.

Tank pad came in the mail.
Nothing too special about it, just a regular pro grip, color was clear, like in every bike i owned, i dont like when its fake carbon, or has cartoons/girls on it.

Attachments

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also, me being me, and this bike being a Kawi, it needed some GREEN

So i removed the red and gray ninja, and zx10r and got some white and green ones to replace.

I also got some green wheels tape and found out that the allen wrench to remove the front wheel is ginormous, the one from the 1st gen is not even close to what you need here.
So green only on the rear wheel for today.

She is coming along very nicely

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Lol, i am sorry but that is no excuse.

You talking about the ivan tre?
That only helps in partial throttle, and even then when you get the ecu re flashed you can get it all changed there already.
Excuse? The bolts simply are not needed but if it makes you feel better to put them on have at it. There is absolutely no functional reason to put them on.

Check the main forum for Ivan's de-restriction mod. You may still want a full flash for other reasons but it seems he's found a way to fully bypass the US restrictions without a flash. BTW, Ivan's mod is still very much in the beta period I personally would not do it until it is fully proven out.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Excuse? The bolts simply are not needed but if it makes you feel better to put them on have at it. There is absolutely no functional reason to put them on.

Check the main forum for Ivan's de-restriction mod. You may still want a full flash for toehr reasons but it seems he's found a way to fully bypass the US restrictions without a flash.
I will check about the Ivan's stuff.
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Are the wheels pretty simple to remove, rafa? Yes, I'm a newb and this is my 1st sportbike, so I'm a little intimidated about taking the wheels off with all the traction control stuff

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes man, there is no secret.

For the rear you just remove the nut and pull the axle off.
The wheel will fall off. The only tricky part is the brake bracket, but even that is simple.

The front is about the same, you got to undo the pinch bolts, remove the calipers, than just pull the axle off and thats it.

You will need a front and rear stand though.

1 - 20 of 266 Posts