Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the mounting tabs on my radiator just broke.. i dont want to repair the radiator.. I know some of you guys have swapped the gen 2 radiator onto the gen 1... is it a direct swap? I was also curious if anyone has attemped to fit an 08-10 radiator on their gen 1 Its definately alot bigger in size than mine..

·
Registered
227 Posts
One of the mounting tabs on my radiator just broke.. i dont want to repair the radiator.. I know some of you guys have swapped the gen 2 radiator onto the gen 1... is it a direct swap? I was also curious if anyone has attemped to fit an 08-10 radiator on their gen 1 Its definately alot bigger in size than mine..
I literally just got out of the garage and just swapped mine it is a direct fit but u have to turn the bottom bracket around to make it line up and no place to mount overflow :( so will have to do something custom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You swapped the 06. Or the 08 radiator??

·
Registered
994 Posts
Ive been wondering about a 1st to 3rd Gen radiator swap as well. A cooling tube bursted on mine. I want a smaller radiator to put on the streetfighter, I dont need as much cooling power b/c of my lack of fairings, a smaller rad would look better on the fighter as well.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ive been wondering about a 1st to 3rd Gen radiator swap as well. A cooling tube bursted on mine. I want a smaller radiator to put on the streetfighter, I dont need as much cooling power b/c of my lack of fairings, a smaller rad would look better on the fighter as well.
Ya the 2nd Gen is Def bigger had to do some squeezing to get the overflow to fit under the plastics but I made it lol and I needed the bigger since I live in Florida and the heat and humidity really get to her

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Howd you get the overflow mounted? Theres no holes on the 06 rad for 5
It.. i have the radiator.. im contemplating gettn rid of it though bc i dont want a crap riigged overflow bottle

·
Registered
227 Posts
Howd you get the overflow mounted? Theres no holes on the 06 rad for 5
It.. i have the radiator.. im contemplating gettn rid of it though bc i dont want a crap riigged overflow bottle
I was able to wedge mine between the plastics and Rad in factory spot and just put a ziptie on it...can't even tell

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
A smaller overflow would work too. There are plenty of shapes and sizes on ebay. Nice aluminum ones too. Just gotta look around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts