Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody do the swap of a gen 2 radiator in gen 1 frame. My motor with thin head gasket produce a lot of heat. Even with the second fan mod on trafic I need to put the manual switch on at 82 Celsius (100 celsius are 212 Farenheit) to keep it cool and even with that it's pretty hot and touch 100 in hot days.

So the other part was check, and now I'm on the process of changing the rad of gen 1 for gen 2 one to have extra cooling power. Did someone do that and is this straight forward or need a lot of mod in the fairing.

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Did anybody do the swap of a gen 2 radiator in gen 1 frame. My motor with thin head gasket produce a lot of heat. Even with the second fan mod on trafic I need to put the manual switch on at 82 Celsius (100 celsius are 212 Farenheit) to keep it cool and even with that it's pretty hot and touch 100 in hot days.

So the other part was check, and now I'm on the process of changing the rad of gen 1 for gen 2 one to have extra cooling power. Did someone do that and is this straight forward or need a lot of mod in the fairing.

Thanks
I did it for a bit, it was a little bit of a tough fit but it can be done. Works better with OEM fairings

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gen 2 radiator in gen 1 frame

Did you have to modified a lot of the inner fairing ? Did the upper bracket of the radiator arrive at the right place ?

Did that made a big difference in cooling ?

Still have pics ?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Did you have to modified a lot of the inner fairing ? Did the upper bracket of the radiator arrive at the right place ?

Did that made a big difference in cooling ?

Still have pics ?:thumbsup:
No, I didn't mod the fairing but that could help! I didn't think it made a big diff, up grading the rad. Sorry for the late reply, Ill find some pic's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts