Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey got a lil problem....Im not payin 800 bucks for a new radiator.....so the right side mount broke...need a way to attach the baby on....i tried Jb weld...no luck....Anybody have ne ideas?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
tig weld it. it would be stronger than stock afterwards. A friend of mine rides ALOT of wheelies, and that happened to his 10r. same side as yours, he got it welded up, and its better than new now. i dont know what your bracket looks like, but you might have to make a new one, or fab up a small gussett to reinforce your bracket. hope that helps. if you dont feel comfortable welding on your radiator, look up a fabrication shop in your area, it wouldnt be that expensive at all. i am a weld inspector, and certified welder, among other things, if a guy walked into the shop to have that done, id charge him about $30.00, it would take about 5 mins. to do.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just broke mine the bolt side and have no idea how I did it. It happened when i took it down to put on this new arrow system I just got. Any how I just tig'ed it back together

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kewl...so just pull the rad out and have someone tig weld my mount back on?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts