Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's,

Has anyone purchased a protector screen for their ZX10R radiator. Would be greatful for a source to purchase one.
I seem to spend a lot of time after riding with a screwdriver straightening out the fins.

Cheers, have a good weekend

John

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guy's,
thanks for the quick replies.

Regards
John

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
heres what i did.

DIY radiator protective screen

Material = Phifer aluminum 36”x84”screening. (Purchased @ Lowes)

Dimensions = overall finished 13”W x 12L” W ½” folded edges for xtra strength

Mounting points = as you face the bike loosen the 8mm bolt in the upper RH corner and slip the screen underneath it and retighten.

In the upper LH corner use a zip-tie to secure the screen through an aluminum bracket.

At the bottom use another zip-tie to secure the screen in the center by using the aluminum bracket.

Fold any excess screen material over the radiators ¼” lip to avoid any excess looseness.

BD

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Big Daddy said:
heres what i did.

DIY radiator protective screen

Material = Phifer aluminum 36”x84”screening. (Purchased @ Lowes)

Dimensions = overall finished 13”W x 12L” W ½” folded edges for xtra strength

Mounting points = as you face the bike loosen the 8mm bolt in the upper RH corner and slip the screen underneath it and retighten.

In the upper LH corner use a zip-tie to secure the screen through an aluminum bracket.

At the bottom use another zip-tie to secure the screen in the center by using the aluminum bracket.

Fold any excess screen material over the radiators ¼” lip to avoid any excess looseness.

BD
thanx BD i'm headed to the hardware sto fo sho! :thumbsup:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I have the Cox. Very nice piece and easy install. I was too lazy to do BD's wanna be coonass fix!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
somebodys gotta pick up the coonazz fixin's you leave behind. :mrgreen:

BD

·
Registered
48 Posts
have alook at my effort, ive posted a photo in the gallery, £24 sheet of fine alluminum anodised gold.....took me about an hour to make. Covers the whole rad and that great big gaping hole at the front!!!!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Cox is one of the main suppliers for rad screens but they weren't avail when the 04's were released so i fabbed my own and even though its fairly light weight it helps.

BD

·
Registered
131 Posts
madbadger said:
have alook at my effort, ive posted a photo in the gallery, £24 sheet of fine alluminum anodised gold.....took me about an hour to make. Covers the whole rad and that great big gaping hole at the front!!!!
that looks good bro. here's the linky so people dont have to search for it
http://zx-10r.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=216&c=12

·
Registered
48 Posts
Catfish_ said:
that looks good bro. here's the linky so people dont have to search for it
http://zx-10r.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=216&c=12

thanks Catfish, the local council have just graveled some of the road around here, even riding at 15mph you can hear the bloody gravel rattling round the front mudguard and on the mesh i fitted, i can remember my old Z1000H, the gravel made a right bloody mess of my nice black engine......the quard took me about 1hr with a strong pair of scissors, it uses the top mounting bolt for the rad, another small nut and bolt the other side, and the fairing clip at the bottom is holding the bottom of the mesh. That bit was tricky, i found a washer that fitted over the back of the fastener, and as you push the button in on the fastener, it spreads out behind the washer holding it tight, trust me it wont come off, but you do need a thin washer, and its fiddly to do but worth the effort.

Kev

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
That'll definitley do the the trick! Looks good madbadger! I'll give it a go in black.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts