Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radiator has a minor leak on my 98 f150. I took it by the shop and they said it is non repairable. Its either a $300 radiator or try a $4 bottle of stop leak. I have heard some bad things about the fixes in a bottle. Has any one used the stuff?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I'd swear I read somewhere that some manufacturers add bars leak at the factory- can't remember where I saw that though.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its aluminum and non repairable. I just got back from the radiator shop.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Maybe it's just the supplement they add, but I've used it in the past and it worked and caused no known problems.

http://www.quasimotors.com/about_bar1.htm

Bob has found that the following OEM's install Bar's Leaks in radiators at their factories:

Allis Chalmers (AGCO)
AM General (Hummer, etc.)
Carrier Transicold
Caterpillar (Canada and USA)
Cloverland (engine rebuilder)
Daimler-Chrysler (US, Canada, and International)
Engine Rebuilders (Canada)
Ford Motor Company (US, Canada, and International)
General Motors Corp. (US, Canada, and International)
Gopher Motors (engine rebuilder)
Isuzu (international)
Jaguar (international)
Komatsu (heavy duty)
Marshall (engine rebuilder)
Mitsubishi (international)
Navistar (International Harvester)
RB&W Logistics (industrial)
Subaru (international)

·
Banned
319 Posts
once you add that stuff in the radiator it flows with the antifreeze so it goes thru the motor/water pump/hoses........no thanks......but i could be wrong....i was once before:crackup:

·
Registered
562 Posts
hccaamps said:
once you add that stuff in the radiator it flows with the antifreeze so it goes thru the motor/water pump/hoses........no thanks......but i could be wrong....i was once before:crackup:
it does... i just spoke with a friend of mine that works for land rover and he sd that stuff was made primarily for emergency fixes... and yes it could leak into the motor... possibly and cause more than 300.00

g.a. rider .. measure radiator and go to summit racing and you could prob find a nice radiator for 150.00-200.00..easy to install

1 - 9 of 9 Posts