Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well I was out on the bike today going down a contry road not to fast and there were bunch of birds in the road, no big deal most of the times they move out the way, but ive had a few close calls with them almost hitting me and my helmet. well today the luck ran out well atleast for the bird LOL.. but thankfully I have the Cox Radiator guard or else i think this bird would have prob did some damage.. this is what I found when I stopped used the cell phone to take the pic so not the best quality ... then later going down another road I have some damn deer run out in front of me again this time it was big ass doe and 2 fawns with her, 11:30am and them stupid things are out running around, this is like the 3rd or so very very close call ive had with damn deer..

·
Registered
410 Posts
You'll be craving KFC for a week with that smell following you everywhere:lol:

I never really saw a need for rad gaurds until now. Guess it's something I should look into.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I never really saw a need for rad gaurds until now. Guess it's something I should look into.
neither did i until i had to buy a replacement radiator for my month old 08 last year due to a rock puncture. i was the first to have the radiator problem on the 08 last year and post about it, now i swear by the cox guard. 80-100 bucks is cheaper then the 200-300 used 480 new the radiator costs.

thanks
anthony

·
Registered
945 Posts
Never thought of Rad Guards Either, maybe its time to rethink that.. After the Bird hit and the deer close call. Think I`d call it a day and go swap the bike for the truck..

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
neither did i until i had to buy a replacement radiator for my month old 08 last year due to a rock puncture. i was the first to have the radiator problem on the 08 last year and post about it, now i swear by the cox guard. 80-100 bucks is cheaper then the 200-300 used 480 new the radiator costs.

thanks
anthony

Ditto; got the COX after a 180MPH+ pass and a small rock hit the radiator. $480 your the man mine was $600 + install.

Anyway, I had the guard put on along with the new rad...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Guess he doesn't have to worry about the bird flu now.

Guess I'll look into a guard soon too.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
LOL damn good thing you had that guard on there. Even more of a reason for me to get one which i wanna do anyways. Good luck with the deer too, i'm always so paranoid about deers and speeding in backroads. I know one day my lucks gonna run out ive had quite a few close calls too.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
heck I ran over a raccoon and its family one time going 77mph and got about 1 1/2ft of air, almost lost it. scared the living shit out of me

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Hit a deer and the only thing going to be left is the radiator guard, "Thats why I hunt"

·
Registered
798 Posts
i actually won my guard on here .. (for my 06 10) never thought of them before .. but now im looking at ones for the duc .. can only imagine how much that radiator would cost

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just got mine for the 08 its a projektd
[/IMG]

·
Registered
411 Posts
yeah i've been thinking about getting one for a while... sounds like a good insurance investment

EDIT: i just remembered that my brother (rides a 2nd gen) carries around this "puddy" crap...
he got a rock in his rad a while back, and his mate gave him this stuff... it's two compounds that when you mix turns into ultra-puddy cement kinda stuff... Fixed it up straight away and has been riding like that for months... he still carts it where eva he goes...

any1 else seen/use it??

·
Registered
30 Posts
yeah i've been thinking about getting one for a while... sounds like a good insurance investment

EDIT: i just remembered that my brother (rides a 2nd gen) carries around this "puddy" crap...
he got a rock in his rad a while back, and his mate gave him this stuff... it's two compounds that when you mix turns into ultra-puddy cement kinda stuff... Fixed it up straight away and has been riding like that for months... he still carts it where eva he goes...

any1 else seen/use it??
I've patched up a radiator at the track using JB weld. Also, for those who don't care about bling, but do care about saving some $, you can make your own radiator gaurd. I made two out of a metal wire mesh trash can from target, some clear tubing, and zip ties. You can also try using expanded metal from the hardware store, maybe 1/8" squares. Don't use screening though.

:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
60 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts