Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys,

So I live on a dirt road that the road commission adds gravel and grades periodically, I don't have any major dings on my radiator fins yet but I can see some small dings already and over time I'd imagine it will get worse. (Oh the joy of having a black bike on a dirt road 馃が)

So, that brings me to guards...what guard if any do you have experience with? Any I should avoid? I am looking at the cox racing radiator guard.

Registered
I use 1/8" hardware cloth. Saw it in 04 on a graves bike, used it ever since with great success. Fold the edges over and hammer them flat if you like your fingers.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas

Registered
Hardware cloth will cost you about $1. I've had that on my 06 gixxer since day 1. Radiator and oil cooler look new and the original zipties are still holding after 13 years. If you poke around with those little 1/8" zip ties you'll find a way to hang the guard on the stock radiator mounting points. Tip: On the top 2 mounts, push one in from the front and another from the back and hook them together. Fun with the bodywork on and two very long surgical clamps. I'm sure most everyone here is an avid recreational gynecologist, so it should be right in your skill range.

Registered
Another +1 for the R&G radiator guard. I was really hung up on wanting a easy/clean install. It comes with everything you need although I'm sure you can accomplish same goal wayyy cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts