Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys,

So I live on a dirt road that the road commission adds gravel and grades periodically, I don't have any major dings on my radiator fins yet but I can see some small dings already and over time I'd imagine it will get worse. (Oh the joy of having a black bike on a dirt road ?)

So, that brings me to guards...what guard if any do you have experience with? Any I should avoid? I am looking at the cox racing radiator guard.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use 1/8" hardware cloth. Saw it in 04 on a graves bike, used it ever since with great success. Fold the edges over and hammer them flat if you like your fingers.

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hardware cloth will cost you about $1. I've had that on my 06 gixxer since day 1. Radiator and oil cooler look new and the original zipties are still holding after 13 years. If you poke around with those little 1/8" zip ties you'll find a way to hang the guard on the stock radiator mounting points. Tip: On the top 2 mounts, push one in from the front and another from the back and hook them together. Fun with the bodywork on and two very long surgical clamps. I'm sure most everyone here is an avid recreational gynecologist, so it should be right in your skill range.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Another +1 for the R&G radiator guard. I was really hung up on wanting a easy/clean install. It comes with everything you need although I'm sure you can accomplish same goal wayyy cheaper.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,116 Posts
I'm rocking the r & g setup. Painted it with green engine enamel and hit it with a couple clear coats b4 I mounted it so it adds a nice lil accent to the bike too. Gotta use high temp paint or it will just start flaking off so the engine enamel fit the role perfectly.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
673 Posts
I'm rocking the r & g setup. Painted it with green engine enamel and hit it with a couple clear coats b4 I mounted it so it adds a nice lil accent to the bike too. Gotta use high temp paint or it will just start flaking off so the engine enamel fit the role perfectly.
They also have them available in green lol

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,116 Posts
They also have them available in green lol

Yeah I know but I got mine from my friend who had bought it to put on his RR but wrecked it the day after he got the guard..ie..I paid 75 for it brand new but it was black. Wanted green but can't be picky when I'm getting it for that much cheaper

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
chinese sell a copy for 30usd, that I will mount, if you put a tape on the brand you cannot know wich one is the expensive one.

since Im installing this in my corona vacations, I have a question, does this comes with a separation of the radiator or you put it touching the radiator???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts