Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,

Let me start off by first saying to the mods that I am not 100% entirely certain that this is the appropriate place for this post, so please, if it is not please do not hesitate to move it/delete it.

With that said, on to the question.

I have looked into doing the dual-fan setup that was done in a previous post. My only question to this is I have an 05 ZX10 and was wondering if it matters what fan I get.

I have seen that they have different part numbers through the years and models (e.g. ZX6, ZX10, ZX14) but the pictures on the fiches all look very similar and in many cases the same.

Any information that could be provided would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I'd get a fan from the 1st gen just to be safe as i know 2 of the 3 mounting points will match up on the other side of the radiator. there was a nice detailed how to thread on doing this a while back.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I plan on following the how-to... Just want to try to get my hands on a fan that will work/fit correctly... Sadly, I've seen a few 636 fans for nearly half the price of a ZX10 from salvage yard, but never can find 1st gen. Trying to save some dough though, still need to man up and get a damper.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I got one for $20 for a buddy of mine on Ebay a year or so ago...just had to buy one for my kfx 700 as the bearing got full of mud & water somehow and was ruined. Only $100, dealer wanted $850+

1 - 5 of 5 Posts