Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a 2007 zx10r fan fit on a 2005 zx10r? my fan died and im having trouble finding one for a 2005 but can find 06-07 fans all over the place

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,226 Posts
It "should" work for you. I say that because the part numbers are different between them. They are both 12vDC fans, but there is something different which is likely the mounting brackets that mount it to the radiator and/or the connector for them. If you're handy enough, I'm sure you can make it work for you with not much issue. If you're looking for a straight bolt-on replacement, then I'm not sure it will mount correctly on the bottom bolt.

Gen 2:

Gen 1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It "should" work for you. I say that because the part numbers are different between them. They are both 12vDC fans, but there is something different which is likely the mounting brackets that mount it to the radiator and/or the connector for them. If you're handy enough, I'm sure you can make it work for you with not much issue. If you're looking for a straight bolt-on replacement, then I'm not sure it will mount correctly on the bottom bolt.

Gen 2:
View attachment 445178

Gen 1:
View attachment 445179

THANK YOU. this is exactly the info i needed ill probably just use some mechanics wire and make something work. as for the connector i can just cut the connectors and splice wires or repin it

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
THANK YOU. this is exactly the info i needed ill probably just use some mechanics wire and make something work. as for the connector i can just cut the connectors and splice wires or repin it
Indeed. This is what i was going to suggest you do. Search on here more too, its been a while but i know its been talked about here and there. Ive messed with other fans from other bikes too (FYI the R6 fans are super small) but ive also made scrappy little brackets and messed around too. Just be careful, you want it to be secure and not pop off a mount from a weld ya know? The splicing is pretty simple stuff.

I cant remember if the Gen 1 needs fairings cut or not once the Gen 2 rad is installed. On my G2 there is nearly no room for a larger rad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed. This is what i was going to suggest you do. Search on here more too, its been a while but i know its been talked about here and there. Ive messed with other fans from other bikes too (FYI the R6 fans are super small) but ive also made scrappy little brackets and messed around too. Just be careful, you want it to be secure and not pop off a mount from a weld ya know? The splicing is pretty simple stuff.

I cant remember if the Gen 1 needs fairings cut or not once the Gen 2 rad is installed. On my G2 there is nearly no room for a larger rad.

Yeah there's not a lot of room in there for much else lol but I'm not too innovative when it comes to making my own stuff lol but I can surely wrap wire around something and make it not move

1 - 6 of 6 Posts