Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
iv done a few searches but no real answers,i have a 2005 zx10r race bike brembo master cylinder goodridge lines performance friction pads + castrol srf fluid and still the lever comes back to the bar looking for new calipers WHICH ONES SHOULD I GET AND WHY please help racing on the 28th may uk
what would be the best replacement,gsxr1000 k6 or older models,cbr1000rr or others ?????????????????????????????????????????

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
ZX14 calipers are defintly worth the upgrade they rock, we have installed them on a 06 with lines and stock master and it will lift the rear tire of the ground with no effort.

·
Registered
292 Posts
iv done a few searches but no real answers,i have a 2005 zx10r race bike brembo master cylinder goodridge lines performance friction pads + castrol srf fluid and still the lever comes back to the bar looking for new calipers WHICH ONES SHOULD I GET AND WHY please help racing on the 28th may uk
what would be the best replacement,gsxr1000 k6 or older models,cbr1000rr or others ?????????????????????????????????????????
As much as I know the GSXR1000 K5/6 use the same calipers as the ZX10R and have the same problems so that probably wont be worth the hassle. Changing the pistons in the calipers seems to be an option and has shown very good results.

·
Registered
943 Posts
cbr 1000rr calipers
Yeah Right all tockico is junk. You would be better off finding a set of Nissin from a ZX-14 or a 07 ZX-6R.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Right all tockico is junk. You would be better off finding a set of Nissin from a ZX-14 or a 07 ZX-6R.
now not sure what to get can i have some reasons for and against,read somewhere its the pistons just need some thing quick and what calipers bolt straight on

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
now not sure what to get can i have some reasons for and against,read somewhere its the pistons just need some thing quick and what calipers bolt straight on
zx14 straight up bolt on and hit the track. i'm surprised with the Brembo MC and all it still has lever travel issues as thats a deffnate first even for those racing the 10 that are on this site.

here's another option that had positive results.

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30434

BD

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cant get hold of any zx14 calipers any other model recommended need some by the end of next week :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: help needed quick,can get k61000gsxr calipers for £70 are the piston in those better?????????????????????????

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
zx14 straight up bolt on and hit the track. i'm surprised with the Brembo MC and all it still has lever travel issues as thats a deffnate first even for those racing the 10 that are on this site.

here's another option that had positive results.

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30434

BD
I feel like I am peein' in the wind, but this just points out that a system that is not properly bleed is going to have problems no matter which components you throw at it.

rroobb, did you use a vacuum pump to bleed your brake lines?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I feel like I am peein' in the wind, but this just points out that a system that is not properly bleed is going to have problems no matter which components you throw at it.

then stop and dry yerself off Mr pee pants:spit:

I agree 100% the bleed is a key to even a bone stock system let alone one with many aftermarkets parts so when all else fails do it manually.

BD

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

yep bleed properly brakes are fine just when hot the lever comes back to my fingers still stops just dont like that much lever movement,

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
yep bleed properly brakes are fine just when hot the lever comes back to my fingers still stops just dont like that much lever movement,
So does that mean you did use a vacuum pump? Becasue if that is all you did then you did not bleed the brakes properly. Vacuum pumps are fine for flushing a lot of fluid through a system quickly, like when you have installed new brake lines or want to change out all of the fluid in the system. However, I have NEVER gotten a satisfatory brake bleed by using any vacuum pump. It is OK to get the bulk of the air out of the system but it isn't the final step.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no didnt use one had a race team bleed the brakes at the last race meet and there bike won the open so i can only assume they were bleed properly,any advice is still welcome thanks zeta,was told buy a few that its the pistons that are not up to it so was just looking for a replacement

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
You would think that they would do a good job.

Try this. First, carefully inspect all hose connections and bleeders to make sure they have absolutly no signs of seepage. If you have no leaks, then you can do a gorrilla bleed job by just pushing the pistons all of the way back into the calipers with the brake hoses being the highest point in the calipers. Do not open any connectors or bleeders. If you do have any air in the calipers, usually this will force enough fluid and air (if there is any) back up to the master cylinder, where it should bubble out. Take the cap off of the master cyclinder resovoir before you do it. Be careful not to spill any over flow brake fluid. Then pump the brakes back up making sure you do not let the master cylinder run low on fluid. If that helps, then you did have some air in the system. Good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts