Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so the season here in Sweden har finally started...

Manage to book one testday prior to the season opening at the "Anderstorp" racetrack. The first outing of the season was at run in sub zero temperatures, and a light snowfall.... :headshake
Chose to run on the raintyres (which was the closest thing to snowtyres I had.. LOL). Tried to run at long stint in the morning to really get as much time on the bike as possible. Had to pull into the pits after about 40 minutes when I couldn't feel my fingers anymore. Dodgy braking I tell you... :badteeth:

The snowfall eventually turned into rain as the temperature got above freezing, and I got a whole day of riding in cold rain... And didn't get to test any of the things I wanted. (For example the new -06 Bridgestone slicks)

First race of the season:
To sum it up, two full practisedays (thu, fri), rain, rain, rain, rain....

Qualification saturday... First QP in dry conditions. Roade on a set of -05 slicks which I already had a good setup for. Managed to get at few good laps in, lots of traffic. Managed to set a new personal best at the track, and was in 19th position. (Qualified in 26th last year).
Second QP, rain... Again... No need to go out...

Sunday, raceday...
Warmup sunday morning.. Rain.. Went out to get som feeling for the track in the wet conditions in case of a wet race.
Just put 10 laps in, then pulled into the pits, and relaxed in the warm and dry camper...

Race, more rain...
There's a frst time for everyting.. Two riders crashed out on the sightinglap. Never seen that before.. LOL
Got off to a pretty good start from 19th, an made my way thru the field in a steady pace. The goal was to get in the points (15th) and when I managed to squeese into 13th, I backed off a bit, not wanting to crash out in the extreme conditions (pouring rain).
Managed to get 11th before the race ended, and was very pleased... A good result in the season opener, and I managed to stay upright in the coldest and wettest race I ever rode in...

And I still havent tested the new slicks...

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx man! :thumbsup:

This is the updated bike for -06

New paintjob (similar to last years), Magura radial mastercylinder, remapped PCIII, Cordona quickshifter (PCIII compatible), and new rearsets.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Good results. Great looking bike. I am looking forward to more good news. Thanks.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
zeta xray said:
Good results. Great looking bike. I am looking forward to more good news. Thanks.
:+1:

Great to hear of the good finish Macke! Keep up the good work, whens your next race?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanx guys!!!
I made the "cut" on the muffler this evening, looks better, and sounds awesome now...
The bike is going up in the dyno next week to see if we can get a couple of more hp's.
It's already fast as a cannonball down the straights, outrunning most of the competitors bikes. Always put's a smile on your face when you pass them on pure horsepower... :wink:

I've also been able to test the -06 Bridgestones now, and they are SWEEEET! :thumbsup:
All the problems we struggled with last year appears to be gone...

The next race is the 26th - 28th of May. It's the second race of the swedish championships in "Linköping". Then 2 weeks later is the first race of the Scandinavian Open Championships in Denmark.... First time abroad, itäs gonne be fun!

I'l keep you up to date... :hello:

My webpage is in Swedish so you'll probably understand sh*t.... But check it out anyways... (Pictures is "Bilder" in swedish, and Guestbook is "Gästbok")
www.mackegranstedt.com

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Macke said:
Thanx guys!!!
I made the "cut" on the muffler this evening, looks better, and sounds awesome now...
The bike is going up in the dyno next week to see if we can get a couple of more hp's.
It's already fast as a cannonball down the straights, outrunning most of the competitors bikes. Always put's a smile on your face when you pass them on pure horsepower... :wink:

I've also been able to test the -06 Bridgestones now, and they are SWEEEET! :thumbsup:
All the problems we struggled with last year appears to be gone...

The next race is the 26th - 28th of May. It's the second race of the swedish championships in "Linköping". Then 2 weeks later is the first race of the Scandinavian Open Championships in Denmark.... First time abroad, itäs gonne be fun!

I'l keep you up to date... :hello:

My webpage is in Swedish so you'll probably understand sh*t.... But check it out anyways... (Pictures is "Bilder" in swedish)
www.mackegranstedt.com
Sweet and good luck dude:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts