Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright, im have a gsxr 750 that is all set up to do track days this year, and i would like to do some racing as soon as i feel i know enough to be fast and safe. i was thinking i could do a track school, then a race school, a couple of track days and then maby at the end of the summer or fall try and enter some sort of amature race. problem is; i live in michigan, it dosent seem that there are many race schools here. i have found various lists of track days in the midwest but i am thinking the type of instruction is not as personal as a specific school would be, + i would like to learn about starts, and passing. the other problem i can't find any that start relaltivly early like in may, most are late june mid july and latter. wich dosent leave much time to pracitice the skills i would have learned.
do any of you guys know of any good school or training programs in the midwest or ontario that start earlier this season? i don't mind driving far but all the good ones seem to be way out west and that is way too far. oh and any other advice to someone who is starting trackday in the midwest would be greatly appreciated.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im going to do the one in grattan for sure.are you going grnblur? has anyone been to the learning cuves one? there is a school in IL in april that would fit my schedule.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I plan on it, I paid the fee, I just hope I can get off of work, a couple of guys I ride with will be there also. The last time I was on that track was in 98 with my 9R. So where in MI are you from. I lived in GR for 2.5 years. Lived in Dearborn Hghts from 2 to 7 then up nort till I grageeated.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im from saginaw. i tried to check out ed's a couple of times in the past week there website is jank! thanks for the links everyone

1 - 13 of 13 Posts