1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
RIPPED & BOLTON RULE !
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
updates

anyone been to
schwantzschool.com or edbargyracingschool.com

? im interested in doing a school this year but i have a site that like both of these schools.

figure someone on this site would have tried one out and could give me a heads up to confirm these others views.

thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would give strong recommendation to the Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School at Road Atlanta. I did the two day school about a month ago and it was almost a religious experience. In fact I'm already registered for the three day school in August. Some of the students there were on their second and third trip.

My riding had easily improved ten times by the end of the first day. If you want details just ask. I sent a message to your MySpace.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well, I tried to send you a message on MySpace. LOL :dontknow:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I attended the ed bargy school in march at Jennings. My dad and I went. We had an amazing time. It was my first experience on the track and I felt like we covered all the necesary mechanics for riding competitively on the track. Ed is a great guy and would trust him with any question on technique or coaching.

I had my first race the next weekend and put up competitive lap times at Putnam.

I did the one day school to get my certification and the schedule is intense. You are on the track and straight into the classroom and repeat all day. You will be tired, but your confidence will be spot on for putting down real lap times and being a safer rider for yourself and others you are sharing the track with.

Let me know if you have other questions.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Your security is pretty tight on MySpace. I'm not surprised you didn't get it. Basically non-friends are able to send you a friend request or message... at all. LOL Now that I think about it that's not so bad.

Either way mine is www.myspace.com/merc_racing

·
Registered
75 Posts
Took Ed Bargy school at Barber a couple years ago. WOW!! What a learning experience.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I have heard swantz school is very good.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
also was interested in a racing school.I am in Ma,have been eyeing penguin road racing school.Never seen track time.can anyone recommend a school in that area,also would you use your own machine for the first time or would you rent.$1250 about-2 day w/ full gear,ducati 900???What would have to be done to my machine to take to track.if i am off topic let me know i will repost.Any info would be a graet help.:zx_orange

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have done Penquin school twice the begginers and advanced, I didn't do the two day school but I hear it's excellent, I rode my FZ1 in begginners school and my SV 1000 and a race prepped Gixxer in the advanced, I don't think I would risk crashing my 10 it's too much bike for a begginer on this track ( IMO ) it's easier to ride a smaller bike at this track you will enjoy it more.

If you decide to ride anyway it's easy to prep your bike, they have the requirements on their site, the hardest part is draining your antifreeze and replacing with water. the easy stuff is disconnect your lights, remove your mirrors and directionals, and tape up head and taillight lenses you should have good tires, I recommend new tires if you are going to do the two day school, you would be surprised at what you can do to street tires at the track
and then you won't have to mess with tires while you are there.

They give you a coupon for a set of tires 210.00 (I think) for Dunlop race tires at the school. :cool:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Did you do the penguin school up at NHIS????I did not know if it was better to start with what you are riding...aswell as it saving about $500-600...drive pretty agressive around where i live, but again do not want to hurt my 10.thanks for the response.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did do them both at NHIS which is now NHMS with the new owners,
I have been told that NHMS is one of the most technical courses in the U.S.

As far as using your own bike: a race prepped bike has rear sets etc and penguin bikes are set up for NHMS, if you are running a stock setup you could drag things as you get better I have seen people crash because of it, loudon is a tight track.

Either way it's a blast!!!:mrgreen: :zx_blue:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've done the two day Penguin school at NHIS with my 10 and it was a blast and I'll be doing it again at the end of August. Riding the 10 up there was no problem, just know your limits.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
was looking at the 2 day in august aswell...but also thinking 1 day on the 29th for my 1st.if i go maybe we can hook-up:eek:ccasion1...bike is stock suspension and stock tires..if i take the 10 i just want to make sure it is preped properly...ant recommendations

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
just hit up peguins site.....1 day with gear and ducati retal...about $600,about $1200 for the 2day.From experience does the 1 day or 2day seem like the wiser choice being a track newb..

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't know about the one day as I've never been and everyone I've spoken to about it says that the two day is the better deal. I know I really liked it, and you get a ton of riding in.

When I attended last year, their were a number of crashes and I think that everyone who crashed had street tires, so I would really recommend getting some race tires, I ran 209s and they worked great. I've also got a stock set-up and had no issues. If you do the two day school let me know and we'll hook up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have done Jason Prodmore's star racing school at streets of willow in CA, and I have done Kieth Code's California Superbike Cornering School at Laguna Seca. Both were great experiences and I willl go back to both again. I think that most of the schools are well worth the money and your riding will improve. Just moke sure yu have good gear and your bike is ready when it rols off the trailer. There is always some idiot remounting his rims in the parking lot 10 min before class starts. ( Remember most of these places require brand new tires to let you on the track so figure that in to your price). Then once you get there don't be nervous. Just ride and enjoy the experience.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts