Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am kicking around the idea of puting all my aftermarket mods on the bottom of my belly fairing; Like the pro's do with their sponsers. I have a sticker guy who has one of those kiosk at my local mall who can make all the stickers, my problem is how do I scan or copy all the stickers as they are layed out so that they look like the original sticker from each manufacture.
Then I will give him all the stickers (or pictures of them) so he can scan them and print them in their original form, so I can then put them on my fairing, how do I do this????

I got this idea when I was looking at that one picture of that green gen. 2 10r in the best looking gen. 2 post. It's the one that is Not street legal and is green with all these crazy green and black graphics on it, with the sponser names down on the bottom fairing.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It's simple. You have a few options for this. You can either request decals from your aftermarket companies and give them to your decal maker to replicate more of them. Or, you can again request a few more decals from each company and do it yourself. Sometimes they charge you and sometimes not. I am a sticker-queen, myself:mrgreen:, and have all my decals put on myself the same way you are describing. (Look in my pic album to see how I them set up.) Keep in mind, they are plenty of members here that frown on decals :dontknow:, so stick with it.:thumbsup:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Please don't go there! Your bike was looking so good too, remember kimosabi, les is more when it comes to the graphics and stickers, let your mods do the talking. You want guys to have to study your bike, and soak in how all the fine parts work in unison to comliment the original design. You start throwing a bunch of stickers on pepole are gonna think you just went the overplayed out race replica theme and are gonna concentrate on all the pretty colors instead of all the functional nice mods. Just my school of thought on it.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I am kicking around the idea of puting all my aftermarket mods on the bottom of my belly fairing; Like the pro's do with their sponsers. I have a sticker guy who has one of those kiosk at my local mall who can make all the stickers, my problem is how do I scan or copy all the stickers as they are layed out so that they look like the original sticker from each manufacture.
Then I will give him all the stickers (or pictures of them) so he can scan them and print them in their original form, so I can then put them on my fairing, how do I do this????

I got this idea when I was looking at that one picture of that green gen. 2 10r in the best looking gen. 2 post. It's the one that is Not street legal and is green with all these crazy green and black graphics on it, with the sponser names down on the bottom fairing.
post the pic on this thread.take a pic to show your sticker man.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To: 9R to 10R, First thanks for the complements on my bike.
Yeah I didn't say I was absolutely going to do this, I was sort of just thinking out loud really. I do like the way the Moto Gp and World Super bikes look, but I DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE A "OVER PLAYED RACE REPLICA THEME DUDE" I am not a sticker guy either as you can see on my bike as I took off the ZX10R and NINJA stickers off my bike. It was just a thought, sorta thinking out loud.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Well as long as you don't clear over them you can jsut take them off if you get tired of them, thats the good thing about them I guess.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Please don't go there! Your bike was looking so good too, remember kimosabi, les is more when it comes to the graphics and stickers, let your mods do the talking. You want guys to have to study your bike, and soak in how all the fine parts work in unison to comliment the original design. You start throwing a bunch of stickers on pepole are gonna think you just went the overplayed out race replica theme and are gonna concentrate on all the pretty colors instead of all the functional nice mods. Just my school of thought on it.
Well said! I also use this as a sort of way to gauge what kind of rider is checking out my bike. Usually people who can spot the good bits without help tend to be a more seasoned rider. Call me wierd..

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
Well said! I also use this as a sort of way to gauge what kind of rider is checking out my bike. Usually people who can spot the good bits without help tend to be a more seasoned rider. Call me wierd..
good point.:helmet:

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
they don't pay me to advertise, im not doing it for free. im like 9r, i like being subtle yet effective. not into the bling,bling. more of the bling of the actual parts themselves, bu tthe more you look, the more you see.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I guess that idea in my head got SMASHED OUT OF THE BALL PARK; And I agree, kinda one of those things that needed to be brought out in the fore front to see clearly.
Thanx for your comments

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
they don't pay me to advertise, im not doing it for free. Im like 9r, i like being subtle yet effective. Not into the bling,bling. More of the bling of the actual parts themselves, bu tthe more you look, the more you see.
:+1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts