Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find racing plastics for a 2009 zx10? Im just about ready to do my first track day on my new zx10 its all broken in and is ready to hit it hard but after seeing my budy go down on veterans day im a little more causcious and I want some racing plastics for my track day. Im pretty sure I wont go down but you never know, Ive been down before even in slow situations.
Also does anyone have any advice for this beast around an official track. My first trackday was with an r6 and I caught on quickly but ive never opened this thing up all the way ina corner yet and im a little nervous.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
lots of companies make race body work for it, just depends on your budget and if you care if it fits perfect or not. Attack and sharkskinz are supposedly the best. Hotbodies has a bad rep for poor quality and fitament. PitEck also has a bad rep for fitament, but it is cheap (about $300 a set).

As for advice, get your suspension setup for you, most trackdays have a suspension guy onsite, the guy that comes to the TD's I do charges $30 and if you need tweaks later he will take care of it. Take it easy, learn the track before going balls out. What level do you ride in, novice, intermediate, advanced? Check your tire pressure and know what it is hot and cold, what it should be for YOUR specific tires. Once you have the track MEMORIZED, ride as fast as you are comfortable, then slowly work up more and more. If you don't push your own limits, you will never get better, but at the same time don't go out first session and ride at 100 or 110%, you might end up on your head.

Have fun, be safe, and don't worry about anybody else out there, it is not a race (unless it is a race but then you would not have been asking that question here would ya).

·
Registered
475 Posts
FWIW, the Hotbodies on the 08/09 bike fit pretty well. Finish isn't as bad as it used to be. I have an extra set if you're interested.:badteeth:

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
FWIW, the Hotbodies on the 08/09 bike fit pretty well. Finish isn't as bad as it used to be. I have an extra set if you're interested.:badteeth:
Pics? How much you want?

Back on point - take it easy and enjoy yourself - there are no MotoGP scouts in the bleachers. The 10 is a beast especially if you going to keep it in the power range (10000+)

Just be careful and enjoy

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Pics? How much you want?

Back on point - take it easy and enjoy yourself - there are no MotoGP scouts in the bleachers. The 10 is a beast especially if you going to keep it in the power range (10000+)

Just be careful and enjoy
Sent a PM a couple days ago. Haven't heard a reply.:dontknow:

Maybe someone I pissed off though. I can't keep up.:lol:

·
Registered
187 Posts
t/d

Get some reasonable priced track fairing. Go out there, take your time, don't rush it and most of all, HAVE FUN! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
You are probably right - hehehe
You riding both street and track next year or focussing on track only?
Both. I wanted to race a little bit, but time and $ may not allow that. We'll see.

I will hit several trackdays and a day with Ed Bargy at least.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Both. I wanted to race a little bit, but time and $ may not allow that. We'll see.

I will hit several trackdays and a day with Ed Bargy at least.
I heard he's got a pretty sweet deal.
Don't forget about your suspension settings - I'm going to pull it out this week and make some changes even if I don't get to ride much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts