Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
"ch" = "hp"??

No way to tell for sure without testing it but I doubt it because I don't think there's 10 horsepower being lost in the stock intake system. This does make absolute maximum use of the space for greater airbox volume, which is normally good, *but* note the apparent lack of any provision for an air filter. You don't wanna run without an air filter. It's not worth 10 horsepower in the short term to have a worn-out engine in the long term, unless you really are racing the bike, and then this is something that would have to be dyno-tested along with everything else ...

I pay my own way to go racing (FZR400), and I have an air filter on my race bike, if that tells you anything ...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thought very hard about fabricating a setup like this as it has been proven on superbikes in the past. Only problem over here is an airbox like that is illegal in AMA Superbike racing, so all of the companies here in the states no longer experiment with them. Curious who is making the one in the photo? Any contact info on that would be great.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
yes, where did you get that pic from?

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
I see that it comes up over the frame and slides into to place. With that big rubber gasket around the edges, does it make it's seal with the bottom of the tank? where is the lid for this thing?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
A German guy makes a airbox that seals to the bottom of the tank for the RC51. I've seen reports of a 7hp gain from the airbox alone. The RC51 has a similiar intake setup. A filter is used with that setup. A foam filter is glued to the intake ports going to the interior of the airbox. I for one would be intrested in this mod with a proper filter system.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
By the way, the RC51 is a 1000cc V-Twin for those that don't know. Inline 4 engines rev higher because of the lighter crank and pistons. That in turn gives the inline 4 engine more power. There for, in theory a inline 4 engine should make a higher gain from this mod. Maybe as much 2 extra hp for a gain of 9hp. That's all guess work based on the results on the RC51.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Looks pretty wish I had the money for mads like that. Sweet stuff cant wait until someone gets there hands on one.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
vane said:
Kawasaki has always built great air systems for their bikes! I seriously doubt you'll gain 10 ponies!
i agree with you ten ponies is too much, but the kawi's racing bike in superbike like the ZX7RR had got the same system. Our bikes technology today are the racing research of yesterday:smile:

1 - 20 of 122 Posts