Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried to set the sag today and although the front was pretty close with the near preload fully locked (never a pleasant feeling huh? :smile: ), the rear wasn't even close which doesn't surprise me since I'm on the hefty side (225ish lbs). Even at my lightest I'll still be around the 195 mark so I'm trying to, optimistically, keep that mind as well. :mrgreen:

I ordered some Racetech 1.00 springs for the front and a 10.7 springs for the rear today and they should be here next week.

We have the stock seals and washers in stock for the forks if we need them for the rebuild, however I did not order the valving from Racetech. It's tough to tell with the spring being so soft, I know, but the stock action "SEEMS" to be ok...

Just wondering if anyone has done something like this, or similar to it? Bike only has 5000 miles on it so far so I'm hoping everything else is in order.

I'm not too worried about setting lap records at VIR so getting it perfect isn't really necessary right now. But I would at least like to have the sag setup right and take it from there.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Hard to say if you got it right but you'll find out I guess. I got my forks done with traxxion and they take your information and then give you the proper springs for your weight which was pretty cool. I take it you did the same with Racetech?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard to say if you got it right but you'll find out I guess. I got my forks done with traxxion and they take your information and then give you the proper springs for your weight which was pretty cool. I take it you did the same with Racetech?
Oh yeah yeah... Granted I didn't take it there but I called them up as well (after not trusting their online calculator) and they asked a couple questions: Bike, weight, type of riding, skill level... etc... and in the end it actually ended up coming out to the same as what the online wizard came up with.

I'm guessing it's just a spring rate change (I'll use stock oil weight this time around) so the bike shouldn't burst into flames and give me leprocy...

...Right?:lol:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
probably because the guy on the phone was using the same online calculator lol...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Sorry! lol...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts