Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dontknow: JUST GOT MY SPRINGS TODAY AND INSTALLING THEM IN MY FORKS NOW. HERES THE PROBLEM THEY ARE 35MM LONGER THAN THE STOCK SPRINGS.. IS THIS NORMAL OR DO WE HAVE TO CUT DOWN THE PLASTIC SPACER?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help

·
Registered
253 Posts
You have to cut the plastic spacer. Just make sure you measure right and use the bottom half of the spacer - no the top - and just drill new holes.

You may want to subtract 2-4mm off your final cutting space though (meaning keep them 2-4mm longer). I cut mine to spec - at least I THINK I did - and may have to shim them. Maybe.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
when i was just going to do springs instead of the whole internal kit i did a little reading and ended up ordering ohlins springs. they are oem length, just drop em in and dont have to make any adjustments.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fell asleep waiting for you salkhan!!!!!! Thanks, gonna give race tech a call today and see if they have any height recommendations.

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you don't get the right information there. Look up this website www.moombacyclesports.com the tech there used to be one of Racetech's Suspension Tech's and he knows his stuff VERY well. He rides an R1 but I don't hold that against him sorry the tech you should ask for is Jimmy. just tell him someone said he knows alot about Racetech stuff and say you had a couple questions. It's a VERY small shop they have some good stuff and they are VERY Fair on prices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts