Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a brand new 2017 zx10r and a bunch a new parts on their way. One of those is a racefit black titanium exhaust. I also got a pcv and am wondering if anyone has a map for a racefit exhaust on a gen 5 I could have.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Forget a hand-me-down map. If you want to get serious with the horsepower you'll need the following...

Full Exhaust: you got it
PCV: you got that too
Aftermarket Filter: MWR, BMC, or a Sprint air filter ($80-$130)
ECU Flash: $400
Dyno Tune: $400
Dynojet Autotune: $230 (optional)
Est. Total: $2,000
Stock Dyno Power: 175HP
Est. w/ Custom Map: 197HP
2000/22 = $90 per HP

Although: if you just want something to get you by, I would use the 2Bros map over the Graves. The PCV site is unforunately very limited with Gen5 maps atm... You might want to just contact the Racefit manufacturers and see how generous they are.

Another option: Forget the PCV altogether and just get a flash. I would go with Brocks or Don Guhl and just let them know what your mods are, and they'll be able to get your ECU on track. You'll get exceedingly more HP, top speed, a higher rev limiter, etc. (all things you won't get with a PCV). Then return the PCV without opening it!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Forget a hand-me-down map. If you want to get serious with the horsepower you'll need the following...

Full Exhaust: you got it
PCV: you got that too
Aftermarket Filter: MWR, BMC, or a Sprint air filter ($80-$130)
ECU Flash: $400
Dyno Tune: $400
Dynojet Autotune: $230 (optional)
Est. Total: $2,000
Stock Dyno Power: 175HP
Est. w/ Custom Map: 197HP
2000/22 = $90 per HP

Although: if you just want something to get you by, I would use the 2Bros map over the Graves. The PCV site is unforunately very limited with Gen5 maps atm... You might want to just contact the Racefit manufacturers and see how generous they are.

Another option: Forget the PCV altogether and just get a flash. I would go with Brocks or Don Guhl and just let them know what your mods are, and they'll be able to get your ECU on track. You'll get exceedingly more HP, top speed, a higher rev limiter, etc. (all things you won't get with a PCV). Then return the PCV without opening it!
That's probably the most expensive way to make power I've seen. Just have a local tuner flash your ecu and tune on the dyno at the same time. Should range from $300-$500.

OP sell the PCV and find a local tuner. I've seen dynojet maps "for my set up" run so rich it could have ran safely on boost.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
That's probably the most expensive way to make power I've seen. Just have a local tuner flash your ecu and tune on the dyno at the same time. Should range from $300-$500.

OP sell the PCV and find a local tuner. I've seen dynojet maps "for my set up" run so rich it could have ran safely on boost.
If you can find a tuner who can tune of the ECU, you're golden. I know a lot of people around me at least aren't familiar with all the different kits and their dyno's and skill-set are PCV friendly so I had to go down the expensive route :crying:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts