Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back from a nice long ride with a buddy that has a 02 GSXR 1000 with full exhaust and PCIII and boy let me tell ya he was pissed we did a few different races to see first we both stayed in 6th @ 60mph and i walked him by 4 bikes easy and still pulling, then i stayed in 6th and he shifted to 5th i got him by 2-3 and i was still pulling, then i went to 4th and he went to 3rd and i pulled him hard by an easy 3 and was still going...it was like racing a 600 lmao so then i let him ride it and he said that it is the hardest pulling bike he has ever riddn, and said he is going down to buy an 09 10r :crackup:

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Why are there so many 6th gear roll-ons at 60mph or less? WTF? Also you SHOULD be killing a 02 1k gixxer. C'mon........

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
just got back from a nice long ride with a buddy that has a 02 GSXR 1000 with full exhaust and PCIII and boy let me tell ya he was pissed we did a few different races to see first we both stayed in 6th @ 60mph and i walked him by 4 bikes easy and still pulling, then i stayed in 6th and he shifted to 5th i got him by 2-3 and i was still pulling, then i went to 4th and he went to 3rd and i pulled him hard by an easy 3 and was still going...it was like racing a 600 lmao so then i let him ride it and he said that it is the hardest pulling bike he has ever riddn, and said he is going down to buy an 09 10r :crackup:
An 02 Gix with full system is still not much better than a 99 ZX9R with a full exhaust...it's really no surprise in fact you should have spanked him a little better than that.....what's your guys weight diff?

:thumbsup: on the conversion some learn the hard way :lol:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive got almost 40lbs on him but we couldn't stay in it for too long because of traffic but its too hard for me to tell how many lengths i had on him because i was watching in front and only looked bike when i let off the throttle!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why are there so many 6th gear roll-ons at 60mph or less? WTF? Also you SHOULD be killing a 02 1k gixxer. C'mon........
only cause i wanted to see how bad id spank him from what Ive see the 10r doesn't need to downshift even to pass just goose and go!

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Your bike only has 6 years of development over the 02... It better spank that 02.

·
Registered
147 Posts
its the gearing mate!. unless his bike has similar gearing. either way unless you are rossi those last 5-10 horses dont really matter.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hey I will be in Montana and going to Missoula around the 19,20,21 for some Summer break. I guess they have a small track too that I want to hit up as well. Let me know if you want to meet up.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
good kill i guess that bike tho isnt a match for a 08 ten

·
Registered
289 Posts
his mods "02 GSXR 1000 with full exhaust and PCIII"

your mods "08 zx-10r--ss fender eliminator M4 gp style exhaust BMC race PCV -1+2 no flies Vortex shortys Shogun sliders"

smells like gearing to me:dontknow:

well..even without the gearing.. 08 zx10?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I dont get why so high of roll ons? I do 20mph in first or 40mph in second and thats it, anything else is just a test of your bike vs. his and no skill at all, truth line those bikes up and go from there thats the true test. But I always race people out on the street and I do one race at 20mph in 1st, second race is 40-45mph in 2nd, then the 3rd is a dead stop. Best test of bikes and SKILL

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I dont get why so high of roll ons? I do 20mph in first or 40mph in second and thats it, anything else is just a test of your bike vs. his and no skill at all, truth line those bikes up and go from there thats the true test. But I always race people out on the street and I do one race at 20mph in 1st, second race is 40-45mph in 2nd, then the 3rd is a dead stop. Best test of bikes and SKILL
I actually think roll ons are stupid period. I mean it's cool to race with a Buddy or something for bragging rights but IN REALITY WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN YOU MEET A BETTER RIDER. :badteeth:

The main thing should be both bikes at the same MPH for a roll-on and don't be a D**K what gear he is in because it doesn't matter none of your business :headshake....if one has better gearing(start in any gear you like for the RPM) or mods or a better rider(knowing how to take advantage of the HP by the RPMs or Gearing) than to bad suck eggs...it is what it is so go cry later....sorry that's the way I like to take the Suks down and yes they do CRY alot :lol:. :badteeth:

·
5,932 Posts
yeah I dont really care about gearing I just usually always do it that way, I raced a 09 r1 this morning before work and we did ever type of race you could think of on the street and at the end when we ran from the line and I shut the kid up for good he just kept riding away, didnt even come back haha. Not trying to sound like a jerk but the guy said I lied about when my bike was stock and I beat him so I totally made him eat his own words today(cause I have bought a lot of things for the bike since). But I'm right there with you, seen a lot people walk away from me super pissed at there bike haha, had a 08cbr1000rr last year and the bike sucked but I got to race one last weekend out west where I live and no not at the track but a couple roll ons and some drags from a dead stop and he was there with me tell about 3rd then I started to really pull lengths on him. Either way there isnt much skill in roll ons more a test of machine vs. machine, drags is where skill is a factor

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I dont know about your bikes, but I have my 04 zx10r at 173hp at the rear wheel. its 4 yrs older then my 08 and it blows my gen 3 away so newer is not always better.:headshake
HAHAAHA bull, your 04 has alot done then it does not have that much hp stock it can not out run the 08 stock either.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Either way there isnt much skill in roll ons more a test of machine vs. machine, drags is where skill is a factor
:iamwithst

·
5,932 Posts
I happy someone agrees with me on that, most people always talk about how they do roll ons, I'll do them but it doesnt do much for braggin rights

1 - 20 of 27 Posts