Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, any references to uploading photos here would be appreciated. Files are probably too big. Made the switch from ZX6 forum to here and photobucket is ‘meh’.

Just picked up the racebuild from KWS in N Charleston. Thought a photo or two and a rousing applause and ‘thanks’ to Mike on this site was in order. The KWS guys were super accommodating, fast, flexible, professionally precise! The bike is ready, only wish the rider was.

Also, first purchase made from a member on this site worked out perfect. Two thumbs up for forum member integrity.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, thought it was close to track ready.

Just finished Cox guard install, oil change with Woodcraft case guard install, FastFrank captive brake bracket. 520 swap(output shaft nut easier to remove on this machine). Safety wire and more safety wire. 5hours later...

Armourbodies yo be picked up from paint tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stock bike was absolutely fine as I took half the oem stuff off. Thanks to Northeast GA Motorsports for a great ZX10R. Didn’t get any of that ‘loose screw here and there’.

2days to go and still waiting on Woodcraft frame sliders, Ohlins shock, R&G lockstop. Suspension tune at the track, hopefully.

Latest pics aren’t much different, but the safety wire is complete.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looking good mate...

I just got my first track day done and had absolute blast.....

Think I'm may get some fairings for mine now....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking good mate...

I just got my first track day done and had absolute blast.....

Think I'm may get some fairings for mine now....
I’ve had good luck with Armour Bodies. Tough to find good painting at a good price, lucky to have a good shop here. They did an outstanding job. Just put em on today:

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
What did you have done at KWS? I'm on their list to for early March. I'll have Mike install a thinner head gasket, degree the cams, tune it, and maybe some chassis work by swapping the steering offset....maybe a few more things depending on available cash. How long was your bike there?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What did you have done at KWS? I'm on their list to for early March. I'll have Mike install a thinner head gasket, degree the cams, tune it, and maybe some chassis work by swapping the steering offset....maybe a few more things depending on available cash. How long was your bike there?
Sorry, haven’t checked in from the track in a couple days. Looking to get suspension done here at the track.

Mike installed my kit harness and ecu, dyno tuned a race fuel and pump map, and also did all of his zx10 guru goodies like master relo, reg relo, tank mod.

At 200hp+ on pump, my lack of talent and old age doesn’t deserve a kit gasket and cam timing. You’ll be happy with Mike’s work if you haven’t had that experience yet. He did all my stuff on a Friday and I was home with the bike that night. I would guess the motor work would take another day.

The race fuel map he did outshines my present race bike by a 100hp. Yours will no doubt be tearing up the asphalt with that build. Highly recommend KWS
Cheers

·
Registered
581 Posts
I’ve had good luck with Armour Bodies. Tough to find good painting at a good price, lucky to have a good shop here. They did an outstanding job. Just put em on today:
Do those race fairings have cutouts for headlights?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do those race fairings have cutouts for headlights?
No, don’t see too many night races myself. And for mine, I’m not sure if the plug is still there on a race kit harness, Maybe

DrippinWet did send me some vinyl ones to stick on. Might save the paint from some stone chips.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thermosman was nice enough to mount rear shock on Saturday. Thought it was a bigger job than it was. Rolled it to him with bodywork, seat, and tank off, then he had it in in a few hours.

Gettin there.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, don’t see too many night races myself. And for mine, I’m not sure if the plug is still there on a race kit harness, Maybe

DrippinWet did send me some vinyl ones to stick on. Might save the paint from some stone chips.
Saw that I didn’t really answer your question. There is a definite impression outline of headlights, but no cutout or perforations to remove any part of the body work.

Reactions: Duhastme

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looking awesome Kobayashi :ayyy:

And :welcome:
Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate the information posted on this and the ZX6 site. Been a big help, hope I can return the favor.
Cheers

1 - 20 of 36 Posts