Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what is the difference between the akra race and evo systems? Also has anyone heard or seen an 06 with a Leo Vince system in it yet?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Race is stainless steel, evo is full ti.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well then yeah its goin to be better simply because of the better piping. But wouldnt they both put out the same power? How would you guys rate the sound of the akra full system? I definately now its not goin to be as loud as my other bike (04 RC51 w/ 2-1)

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
SS weighs more than Ti would be about the only difference if you had the Evo1 compared to the race. I'm sure it sounds good.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
is the ss race head pipe hydro formed ? my evo 2 is not to loud for me if they made the same hp why doent the race team use the race pipe ?weight? 7lbs = 1 hp on bikes .......spend the extra 300 bucks

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I love my EVO 2, but there is no performance difference between the two besides the very slight amount of extra weight caused by the SS tubing of the Race system. According to Akra, there's less than a pound difference.

logmannzx10r said:
How would you guys rate the sound of the akra full system? I definately now its not goin to be as loud as my other bike (04 RC51 w/ 2-1)
I think Akrapovics have always been one of the best sounding exhausts and the system for the 10R is no different. Very deep and powerful sounding, then you hit 5k rpm or so and it screams like a banshee. And you're right about the sound compared to the RC. I have set off car alarms with the Sato pipes on my RC.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Race vs Evo

The diameter of the pipe is different the evo has a larger midpipe for tuned engines... Hope this helps..

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
HKMP7 said:
The diameter of the pipe is different the evo has a larger midpipe for tuned engines... Hope this helps..
:+1: thank you .....the evo 2 WILL make more power than the race on a modded motor plain and simple . some people will tell you other wise to sell you the race just so you will spend your $$ with them :mrgreen:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So has anyone really put the 06 10r on the dyno with the akra full?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
HKMP7 said:
Where are you getting this info from? According to Akra, the tubing is the same.

oneradten, let it go. Do you just look for any excuse to tell people you have an EVO 2? Lots of people have the EVO 2, including me. And tuners have found that there is no power difference between the two. And why would someone try to sell you a Race when they could give you a bunch of sh*t about how you'll make more power with the more expensive EVO systems?

·
Registered
943 Posts
phastone said:
Where are you getting this info from? According to Akra, the tubing is the same.
I put them side by side and there is a difference I think Akra says they are made the same with the Hydroforming but they arent the same...

Cheers,

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
HKMP7 said:
I put them side by side and there is a difference I think Akra says they are made the same with the Hydroforming but they arent the same...

Cheers,
uh huh see phatso or whatever your name is:thefinger

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
HKMP7 said:

Cheers,
Not trying to be a prick or anything? But did you actually measure them or did you just eye them?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Both I eyed it first because I thought there was a difference and then I measured to confirm. Conclusion there is a difference please dont ask what the measurements were because I dont remember. This was late 04 when the system first became available.

Cheers,:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Not sure about the mid pipe but the header tubes are the same between the 2 systems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I just ordered the Akra full race system with ti cans

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
logmannzx10r said:
Well I just ordered the Akra full race system with ti cans
You will like it. I had one on my old zx-9 and it was very nice. The only reason I went with the evo on the 10 is for the bling factor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts