Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
More usefull for everyday riding and a few weekend rides, most of the tread in the middle, where you use it on the street is still good, but the edges are usually pretty shagged. If you do a lot of commuting and your tires wear in the center first, they might be worth gettting a few sets to use. Careful though if you plan on spritied riding, these tires have been heat cycled and will take a little bit of time to get warmed up to temp, if you can even get them there.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
More usefull for everyday riding and a few weekend rides, most of the tread in the middle, where you use it on the street is still good, but the edges are usually pretty shagged. If you do a lot of commuting and your tires wear in the center first, they might be worth gettting a few sets to use. Careful though if you plan on spritied riding, these tires have been heat cycled and will take a little bit of time to get warmed up to temp, if you can even get them there.

True to a point. Just have to make sure the source you are getting them from is honest. Like my tires would not go through to many heat cycles as they were always on the warmers and were allowed to cool down properly. That and the fact they were only ridden for 2 8-12 lap sprint races.
But yes some takeoffs can be pretty hairy, you just have to know your source and be able to trust them.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
True to a point. Just have to make sure the source you are getting them from is honest. Like my tires would not go through to many heat cycles as they were always on the warmers and were allowed to cool down properly. That and the fact they were only ridden for 2 8-12 lap sprint races.
But yes some takeoffs can be pretty hairy, you just have to know your source and be able to trust them.
:+1: Thats why I always bought my take offs from jj...When riding in the mountains I would give the tires a few min. to warm up and they stuck better than street tires. Just watch the gravel and stuff like that. If it rains start puckering your butt and do not lean it over too far.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
:+1: Thats why I always bought my take offs from jj...When riding in the mountains I would give the tires a few min. to warm up and they stuck better than street tires. Just watch the gravel and stuff like that. If it rains start puckering your butt and do not lean it over too far.

Yeah like luckz said if it rains at all and you are on DOT race tires then do not lean over much at all. They are like riding on slicks in the rain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts