Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to get everything i need for a trackday this summer.I ordered a teknic chicane suit size 44 i got it and its to small . Im 6'2 165lbs my waist is a 32 but i went the 44 cause it said 34-35 waist and for 6ft tall.If i get the 46 its for height 6'2 but for a waist of 36-37 i thinks its gonna way to big anybody eles have this problem?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I went and tried one on before i bought it. I bought the largest size motogp suit they make and it fits perfect. i am 6'3 about 225 though..will they let you return it?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea my buddy at the shop said he would get me the right suit no matter what. We dont have any shop that keeps them in stock is the bad part .i tried my buddys AGV sport suit on its a 46 and way to big for me wondering if teknic fits different than the AGV

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
alpinestars to me ran small...every brand varies its like buying jeans how one brand will fit and another won't

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys im gonna go take this suit back . i guess ill try the 46 since that is the only choice i have cause i feel like the incredible hulk gettin ready to bust out of it lol thanks again guys

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
alpinestars to me ran small...every brand varies its like buying jeans how one brand will fit and another won't
and women :helmet:

but yes its so true the brands are almost never the same.

BD

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what kinda of place does that? cause i asked my buddy if i could do that he said i might be able to get it done.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Teknic suits & jackets run ONE full size smaller than most other companies. For example I normally wear a size 48 in suits/jackets, I have a Teknic Speedstar jacket sz 50 it fits like my other jackets in sz 48. Check out http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com look at the different videos on leather suits specifically on Teknic.

Btw a one piece suit should fit very snug if you don't break a sweat putting it on then it's too big. Take a look at http://www.helmetharbor.com they have a video on how a suit should fit. Now, I'm not saying to buy from either place just giving you an avenue to do some research. Site sponsors should be able to hook you up with good prices if you decide to purchase another suit.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks man that helped out a lot im going to have my buddy order the 46.any suggestions for knee pucks & and back protector sorry for all the questions im new to this track riding. just trying to get everything i need for this summer

·
Registered
550 Posts
Back protectors, I have the Alpinestars Race Tech and Joe Rocket Speedmaster, of the 2 I prefer the JR Speedmaster. The JR is Level 2 CE certified (basically it's a rebadged T-Pro protector which is one of the best in the business. Ride magazine rated it as a "Best Buy" http://www.ridetriangles.com/pdf/669/245369.pdf what I like about the JR is it's fairly thin, flexible and comfortable under my suits. The AStars is quite a bit thicker, less flexible, not as comfortable, and when wearing it I always know it's there.

Knee sliders, JR Speedmaster sliders work pretty well so do Teknic Speedstars they both give good feel with out being too grippy on the pavement and give decent wear. Moto GP sliders are similar to the JR and Teknic. Spidi sliders tend to be a bit harder in compound so last longer but don't give the same feel as the others listed. Komodo Meso sliders are light weight, offer decent feel, some what soft in compound so don't last as long as the others.

Road Racing World did a comparison of 19 different slides and rated the Klucky Puck sliders #1, the Pucks offered the best feel, life, and price of all the sliders tested. For your first few track days what ever pucks come with your suit will work fine. Once you're comfortable with your knee down on the track then you'll notice different characteristics of the sliders. Track surface will make some difference on sliders; if a surface is smooth sliders will last longer while rough surfaces will wear sliders faster. I'm not as picky as some when it comes to pucks and can use any of the ones listed above with decent results.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
as far as back protectors I loved my Bohn cool air for sure. Awesome and you can pour water on it and it helps keep you cool. Also I had a bohn chest protector which I feel is a must to get. You can never be to safe and your back is important but so are your ribs and vital organs.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks that helps out alot. I wish i could afford a custom suit that would be awesome but maybe on down the road i can get one .I have one more question then im gonna stop buggin everybody what about boots any i should stay away from?

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Thanks that helps out alot. I wish i could afford a custom suit that would be awesome but maybe on down the road i can get one .I have one more question then im gonna stop buggin everybody what about boots any i should stay away from?

well if you go with the side vertigo corsa or corsa airs you acnt go wrong. Astar makes ok boots but Sidi are the best for sure. Awesome boots.:thumbsup:http://www.indysuperbike.com/customer/product.php?productid=110968&cat=25365&page=1

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Sidi's will last longer...i have had several astars and they all rip out on the inside of your toes

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Teknic suits & jackets run ONE full size smaller than most other companies. For example I normally wear a size 48 in suits/jackets, I have a Teknic Speedstar jacket sz 50 it fits like my other jackets in sz 48. Check out http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com look at the different videos on leather suits specifically on Teknic.

Btw a one piece suit should fit very snug if you don't break a sweat putting it on then it's too big. Take a look at http://www.helmetharbor.com they have a video on how a suit should fit. Now, I'm not saying to buy from either place just giving you an avenue to do some research. Site sponsors should be able to hook you up with good prices if you decide to purchase another suit.
Also one other thing to consider is that even in Alpinestars, a 46 race suit would fit me perfectly...but a 46 jacket (sold as a single jacket..not full zipper 2 piece suit) will be much 'looser' cause they are sold as a 'regular' jacket to fit additionnal layer under...not like a race suit. so the 'fit' varies depending on the ultimate use even in one company.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again everybody all this info helped out alot .Now i cant wait for summer!

·
Registered
550 Posts
The absolute best boots are the Frey Daytona Security a bit pricy though at $970. I have a pair and have zero complaints however they’re not for any long term walking. Sidi, A-Stars are also boots to consider. Take a look at the Teknic Speedstars they’re similar to the Daytona but much less, you can find them on close out at www.sportbiketrackgear.com also look at Puma (they run the same price as Sidi Corsas).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts