Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on an 04 what the stock gearing and chain size? and whats the best gearing to go with for drag racing also is the 520 swap also good

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I'm no dragracer, but I don't think going to the smaller 520 chain/sprockets would be a good idea for the repeated hard launches.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have stock wheelbase and I have the 520 conversion with Vortex sprockets and I run 15/39 and 16/39 gearing. I drag race as much as possible and even do a little street racing and haven't had a problem.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Ruthless Racing said:
I have stock wheelbase and I have the 520 conversion with Vortex sprockets and I run 15/39 and 16/39 gearing. I drag race as much as possible and even do a little street racing and haven't had a problem.
See. Like I said, the 520 conv. will be fine. LOL :redface:

Shows what I know about dragracing streetbikes.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
the new 520erv3 is designed for liter bikes so it will handle the abuse much better than the older erv2 which was for bikes up to 750cc..

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I've got the ERV3 on my bike. And I've changed to 520 chain/sprockets on every bike I've had in the last nine years or so without a problem. But I do trackdays/roadracing where you don't get all the sudden jerks on the chain like dragracing.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You guys that drag race on a 520 chain... I'm sure you do your chain maint. more often, and buy a damn good chain. Common sense, no matter what size chain you use, no keep up means it will break.

If you use a 520 for drag racing, you better keep a consitant maint. schedule with it, otherwise you could be replacing your cases.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
525 chain and a bunch of different sprocket combinations.I use 16/39 and 18/42 and 16/42 and so on and so on. 520 should be fine as long as your not making major horse power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts