1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Thats some nice site advertising right there :wink:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
cool report JJ. Did ya use the SC Pro?? what cold PSI??

BD

·
Registered
178 Posts
Gingerman Raceway in South Haven

AWWWW FUCK. I was totally going to go to that and see some Bike racing.......Son of a bitch. I only live like an half and hour away, shit...........oh well.................hey J. did you go to Lake Michigan while in South Haven and check out the bars? Not bad, huh

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big Daddy said:
cool report JJ. Did ya use the SC Pro?? what cold PSI??

BD
Yes the SC Pro. I had Joe at Racer Supply(pirelli tire vendor) and he got me my pressures and we checked before going out and coming in. We set cold at around 27 front and 26 rear and hot temps were around 31.5-32 front and 30.5-31 rear. They were awesome and I like the profile of there 190/55 better than the Michelin 190/55 at least on a liter bike with all the power and such.
I ran a green front and rear for the 25 minute race and those are the "soft" compounds which would be like Michelins medium and then for the 2 other non-rain races ran a green(soft) rear and a supersoft(blue) front. The profiles are should I say less agressive then the new michelins and are not as triangular in shape. I noticed with the michelins that they turned in great but only with the loss of traction later on as they slid all over the place. The profile on the pirellis is a little more flat but turn in is no problem at all. Very stable and didnt slide as much and I have no complaints so far. As far as the front. The soft(green) front was amazing and the supersoft(blue) front as you could imagine was even better. Never felt like I was going to tuck the front and it stayed planted well.
Hope that helps.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DarcshadowZ said:
AWWWW FUCK. I was totally going to go to that and see some Bike racing.......Son of a bitch. I only live like an half and hour away, shit...........oh well.................hey J. did you go to Lake Michigan while in South Haven and check out the bars? Not bad, huh
Cool man, I may be coming back in October. South Haven is a nice town for sure and the Thirsty Perch is a great place to eat i must say.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
matt_Rad73 said:
Way to go JJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You da man. Glad to see you got some good finishes. :thumbsup:
Well one good finish at least that I was happy with. I'll have to get em next time though for sure.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
12RPilot said:
I broke some ribs in turn two at Gingerman a few years back. Cool place though. Found marijuana growing along some of the fences there. I'm not a smoker, but thought it was pretty funny. Anyway, thumbs up for you JJ.
OUCH... and thanks man. Mary J??? Maybe thats why them dudes were actin crazy...hmmmm...:crackup:

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Sounds like you had some fun keep it up!!!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Good job JJ, Keep it up f'sho

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Awesome Race Report JJ!

Keep up the good work! :ayyy:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah, South Haven is very popular in the summer because most of the people there own a summer home. Once winter hits, the place is a ghost town. The town population is like 10-12 thousand, but summer bumps the population up to 20-22 thousand residents.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
10-12K is a ghost town? :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
10-12K is a ghost town? :eyecrazy:

most people live in towns with more than 5-10 people hill

1 - 20 of 53 Posts