Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for anyone that has race rails on a 08 10r. do they get in your way when riding and what does a pair cost and where do i get some i like the look of them. i like the protection and not a big ass crash cage sticking way out hitting my leg when riding or when coming down from a wheelie that hurts the knee caps thank for any info you guys or girls can give me

·
Registered
531 Posts
I got some custom made from a local guy here. they don't get in my way at all at first I though they would but they didn't. here is a prepowder coat pic. I'll post up some more pics after I get home.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
looks nice, how much were you raked on those? I was told that the Gen2 race railz fit the 08-09' models anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
we should get every 3rd gen owner who wants some and e-mail the company and see if we can get a discount? what do you think

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for getting back (bull) how much did you pay to have them made cant wait to see them powder coated

·
Registered
531 Posts
You got it... Sorry got lazy and forgot to take the pics!!! I'll make sure I get them tonight!!!

Well I don't know how much they're running else where but He charges $125 a set and basic black powder coating was $25 bucks... Two separate parties, one fabricator and another pow'd coater... So if you have someone locally or you can do it yourself...

I can check if he has a set for a generation1 & 2... I was the first Gen3 and I'm very happy welds are clean and the pucks are aluminum, but I think he has that hard plastic as an option as well...

·
Registered
367 Posts
^^^ I would be in for a set for my gen2 if we are trying to get a group buy together. I had the race railz on my 04 10r and 06 636 and loved them. They don't get in the way at all, just limit shin space sort of.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Requested Pics

Ok you asked for them, so I tried to capture the best I could.. I usually ride with the Puma V1000 boots and they don't get in the way at all...

If you notice there is one place where you have to cut the (think this is the right part) "55028J: COWLING,UPP,RH,M.D,BL" for the 2008...

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
Requested Pics...continued

Part2... By the way I'm 5'11 with really long legs... :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
OK for those of you who were asking for a group buy... I'm not sure about all the rules... I don't want to step on any of the site sponsor toes.. So if its cool with admins of the site I will pursue it... So please PM me if this ok....

·
Registered
531 Posts
I for got to mention other colors are available for powder coating...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks bull looks awesome on the black 10r i will have to see if i can find someone local to make them for me powder coated in gold or green thanks for the pictures

·
Registered
524 Posts
WOW, I really like those rails. I live close to Tampa (Spring Hill), if you don't mind, where did you get them at? PM me if you prefer not to say on the board. Or, I'm in for a set on the group buy. What ever works best. TIA. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Powers Stuntworx has them on their site for $175 plus $25shipping. In fine print on their site it says that due to rising material costs they no longer include the sliders but they are available seperately. What a bunch of BS that is, for $200 they should come with the sliders in my opinion. I've seen them cheaper online and on ebay.

·
Registered
531 Posts
WOW, I really like those rails. I live close to Tampa (Spring Hill), if you don't mind, where did you get them at? PM me if you prefer not to say on the board. Or, I'm in for a set on the group buy. What ever works best. TIA. :thumbsup:
He's actually not that far from you he's in hudson area. I'll PM you his info.

·
Registered
340 Posts
www.Racing905.com has them for $170 with sliders. Get ahold of them and see what kind of group but discount they have. Currently the website only has gen 1&2 listed but i bet they could probally make em for the 3rd's. I have had em on my 1st for 2 years but never really got to test them out!

·
T Double D
870 Posts
on powers sight i dont see them it says only for 06-07 no 08 stuff what gives?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts