Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think makes the best race rails? I would like mounting points like Spiegler's sliders (mounting brackets not just "a" bolt). I like PowersStuntworx rails but the mounting points are similiar to no cut frame sliders.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Who do you think makes the best race rails? I would like mounting points like Spiegler's sliders (mounting brackets not just "a" bolt). I like PowersStuntworx rails but the mounting points are similiar to no cut frame sliders.
i've been trying to find information about them around but it looks like they are for stunting, which begs the question: why are they called "race" rails?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Good pics.
I like them because they look like they would provide some good protection.
I just won't give LP my business.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm looking for some rails as well. Lemme know what you find. Im definantely lookin for the ones that extend all the way over the side fairing and into that air opening.

·
Registered
973 Posts
What are they...

:dontknow: What are they exactly, did I miss a the picture, I didn't see any.....Are they a type frame slider?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
:dontknow: What are they exactly, did I miss a the picture, I didn't see any.....Are they a type frame slider?
Look in the picture. You will see an external bar outside the fairing right in front of the riders knee. I dont have photoshop here at work to point it out.

O and BTW I did a little searching on NESBA's sight.

NESBA said:
They will pass tech as long as they do not extend below your bellypan or affect cornering clearance. Looks like the Race Railz only go down the side of the bike so you will be fine. If it was a full crash cage it would probably be advised to remove.

·
Site Sponsor
324 Posts
The Race Railz were originally designed by Powers Stuntworx for beginning racers to help minimize the damage to their bikes as they were learning their limits. Some of the more advanced stunt riders started running them since they didn't want a full crash cage on their bike and now they have become more popular with the stunt crowd.

http://www.surfsidemoto.com/store/product/PMGPSRR.html

:ayyy:

·
Site Sponsor
324 Posts
Some Race Railz require fairing modification while others do not. It just depends on your model bike. We only carry the Powers Syuntworx brand but I believe 905 Racing and Freestyle Ingenuity make something similar.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks for the great link surf! Definantely gettn a set o' them babies!

Do you know at which 2 points on the frame they mount?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts